Van der Poel junior world x champ

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited February 2013 in Pro race
He recorded the quickest lap of the whole cross champs ie faster than elite men women u-23's at 6.37

and his sixth and slowest lap was still a second faster (6.54 vs 6.55)than the fastest lap (the 2nd)in the mens elite race :shock:

I saw him at Gavere he is an absolute phenomenon. His dad Adri must be happy!

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    Good for him. No strychnine laced pigeon pie for him I hope.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    like father like son. Same Zabel. Ethics are taught. Poor role models
  • Did you watch the races though?

When the Junior Men raced the course was icy and fast but by the time the Elite Men rode it was pretty muddy. You can see the difference by looking at the photos of how clean Van der Poel and Vos were at the end of their races and how muddy Teunissen and Nys were at the end of their's.

Can't deny he's a talent though. Apparently no one has beaten him this season.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    The ground was still frozen when the juniors rode, without the mud the elites had later in the day, which partly explains his ridiculously fast lap times. Still, impressive effort
  • Hasn't he won 25 races in a row ?

Yeah the course was much muddier later on so would have a big effect on lap times
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • Super Rider he is, the course was frozen in the morning so later on lap times would be slower, but at the koksijde world up his opening first lap was faster than the elite's i believe, (not 100% sure)
    I Raced against him a few times last year best i got with 3.28 off him which wasn't to bad!
    I do science, sometimes.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,904
    Did you ride the Worlds Alex?
  • no not this year, Haven't done cross this year, wanted a good winter moving from junior to u23/elite ranks.
    I do science, sometimes.
  • Isn't this the same rider whose fastest lap time for some big race lsat year was faster than the men? It was said then that it was due to conditions. Regardless, he is pretty damn quick.
    Contador is the Greatest