Suggest a rear mudguard

cyclepathic
cyclepathic Posts: 4
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
I got a Crud raceguard attach to the rear of my bike but it doesn't stop enough of the mud from being flicked up. After about a hours ride, my lower portion of my backpack is covered. I'm not sure if this is because it's coverage is not long or wide enough for the type of riding I do.

Anyway, I had a look at the SKS Grand M.O.M and that seems ideal.
Can anyone recommend this or something similar?

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    You're never going to stop all mud from reachiung your backpack. A better idea is to put one of those backpack covers over it then just wash it between rides.
  • I use a Zefal NoMud on my MTB. Once you have it fitted it's solid! It doesn't move if it gets bashed and gives great coverage.

Fairly inexpensive too compared to other alternatives I've seen.
  • I had a look at the mud splatter on the bike, there's none under the saddle which suggest to me that the guard is not long enough. So for the interim I've gone a bit MacGyver and wrapped the downtube mudguard to the rear which allows me to adjust the reach. Just need a test run to see if it holds.

If that doesn't work out, I will definitely have a look at the Zefal suggested.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Mudguards? Just peel the cruddy clothes off and stick them in the washing machine.
    Stick the camelbak in the shower.
    Simple.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I must admit I was curious as to why the bottom of my camelbak gets plastered despite having mudguards (and the seatpost/saddle staying clean). Wondering if it's happening during the times I'm off the saddle and leaning back a bit.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    ViperS15 wrote:
    I use a Zefal NoMud on my MTB. Once you have it fitted it's solid! It doesn't move if it gets bashed and gives great coverage.

FS or HT?
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Not a dirty backpack....!
  • DodgeT wrote:
    ViperS15 wrote:
    I use a Zefal NoMud on my MTB. Once you have it fitted it's solid! It doesn't move if it gets bashed and gives great coverage.

FS or HT?

I use it on a full sus but it is made to fit either FS or HT 8)