SLX M665 bleed block

Pickled Pig
Pickled Pig Posts: 233
edited February 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Can anyone tell me how thick this is so I can use a substitute? I can't find one anywhere and need to bleed my brakes tomorrow. Or can I just push the pistons in as far as they will go?

Comments

• Pretty much 10mm http://d.pr/i/mJf8 i assume this block is the same for XT and SLX, mines from an XT set.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Thick enough to hold the pistons all the way back (just about) so you don't overfill! Bleed it carefully and they won't come out if pushed back anyway, I've never used the block on Shimano's.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Can anyone tell me how thick this is so I can use a substitute? I can't find one anywhere and need to bleed my brakes tomorrow. Or can I just push the pistons in as far as they will go?
    yes and just use any thing clean.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • atakd
    atakd Posts: 42
    Thanks for the quick replies. I'll stick a 10mm piece of batten in just to be on the safe side.
  • I use a spanner, works lovely