Market Research

henryfuller
henryfuller Posts: 360
edited February 2013 in MTB general
I have both sold and purchased from online forums, and it can be rewarding as the buyer when you get the opportunity to steal a bargain.

But I have also found it frustrating as a seller, trying to get your asking price, then being hit with postage costs and the admin of getting the sale to go through.

Would anybody be interested in trading in their unwanted parts in a similar style to other markets, for example: envirofone, where you receive a bank transfer of cash once they receive your mobile, and the opportunity to shift your parts on hassle free?

Would be interested to hear your views on this?
Henry

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Huh? and no.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    But I have also found it frustrating as a seller, trying to get your asking price,
    So you give a cut to a middleman and expect to get your asking price - obvious fail....

I love ebay, I frequantly get more for stuff than I think it's worth! Sure you get hit with some fee's but I still end up quids in.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so so sum up

i send you my crap and you give me the value i want for it?

sure, sounds too good to be true.

and i will repeat the this.

what is something worth?

only what someone will give you for it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    so so sum up

i send you my crap and you give me the value i want for it?

sure, sounds too good to be true.

It'll be more along the lines of: 'I send you my crap and you pay me less than it's worth to avoid the hassle of selling it myself'.

And for the record, I don't particularly think it would work.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I have a whole room full of crap. Send me a few grand and a very large SAE and it's all yours.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    cooldad wrote:
    I have a whole room full of crap. Send me a few grand and a very large SAE and it's all yours.
    your meant to use the white bowl like thing in the small room.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown