B'Twin Rockrider 8.1/ye olde Specialized Hardrock

matt_87
matt_87 Posts: 22
edited February 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Not terribly exciting or exotic, but it does the job nicely for me 8)

Only upgrades so far are a pair of Swalbe Nobby Nics (came with a pair of near useless Conti semi-slicks), DMR V12 pedals and a Mucky Nutz front mudguard.

BBDzS3FCIAA1MAG.jpg:large

Also picked up this for not much a few weeks ago due to it having a stuck seat post, it's a 1992 Specialized Hardrock. The plan is to fix it up as a back up bike, currently in the process of melting the broken post out with caustic soda as all other methods have failed...

BAvYi4iCcAAl_pf.jpg:large

Comments

• pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    haha thats gnarly, oldest hardrock frame i've seen!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Is it a hardrock? the rear dropouts and (what looks like) a horseshoe clamp mech attachment doesn't look right to me.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pesky_jones
    Is it a hardrock? the rear dropouts and (what looks like) a horseshoe clamp mech attachment doesn't look right to me.....

Had a look on google, it seems to have the same dropouts as the 93 from what i can make out, and could that horseshoe clamp have been attached? Heads on retro bike might know.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
      looks like the 1993 version
      dsc0017bj4.jpg
        and a 2010 8.1
        btwinROCKRIDER8-1.JPG
        Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
      • pesky_jones
        I think this a 93 as well and the dropouts look the same
        GroteFoto-CLCJOB6L_zps59444722.jpg
      • I'm already on Retrobike, the general consensus on there if I recall was that it's probably a '92, though I don't think there was any changes between that and the '93 so it could be either. The seat post is proving to be a proper sod to remove, but I am getting there!

2010 sounds about right for the Rockrider (that's what I've always assumed it was, anyway), it's the one with a Tora 302 and Avid Juicy 2s, rather than the current one which I believe now has a Recon shock and Elixir 3s.
      • chez_m356 wrote:
        looks like the 1993 versiondsc0017bj4.jpg
        Bloody hell, wish mine looked as tidy as that!