Ribble R872

Bookwyse
Bookwyse Posts: 245
edited February 2013 in Your road bikes
Not the best picture and I know its pointing the wrong way but you get the idea.

DSC00138_zps408b3624.jpg

Ribble 52.5cm R872
Ultegra 6700 chain set.
Planet X CNC brakes and 50mm Carbon wheelset
Ness intergrated carbon bars and stem
Ness carbon seat post and Ebay special carbon seat.

All in she's 7.1kg with the bottle cage and pedals so a bit better than the Orbea Aqua thats now relegated to the winter ride. Also have a Felt Curbside as a commuter.

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Bookwyse wrote:
    Not the best picture and I know its pointing the wrong way but you get the idea.

It's not the way round it is that bothers me but how you seem to have photographed it inside the local cat house :D
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    u sure about that bar set up?
  • Bookwyse
    Rolf F wrote:
    Bookwyse wrote:

It's not the way round it is that bothers me but how you seem to have photographed it inside the local cat house :D

We do have five cats, a pair of Maine coons and three Bengals so that should explain why it looks like a cat house. :D

As for the bars they are bloody comfortable
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Phwwwooooaaaar - Goth curtains. Smarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.

Do they double as capes?

On a less serious note - smart, smart bike: what's the score with the frame?Is it a race job/audax/etc? More details please.
  • antooony
    antooony Posts: 177
    Bookwyse wrote:

Seriously. The shifters look way way to low. Do you ride on the hoods?

Nice bike though. :D
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Bookwyse wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Bookwyse wrote:

We do have five cats, a pair of Maine coons and three Bengals so that should explain why it looks like a cat house. :D

I think that by cat house he means brothel. So when your bird says that she lives in a cat house .......

Oh.

Sorry.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Yeah shifters definitely look incorrectly set up.
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Looks slick. The shifters are really unusually set up though!
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Nice bike, but even your saddle is looking down to your shifters thinking "what are they doing down there"
  • maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    Great bike but bars and shifters look very strange.

Could be David Lynch's house with the red curtains!
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    lovely bike and curtain thing...
  • julux
    julux Posts: 7
    Lovely. Looking to order mine this week, only thing I'm unsure on is size, ribble sizing is interesting, sizing guide recommended a 50cm when I'm usually looking at a 54cm for 5.10" and 81cm inside leg.

Any advice? (without travelling up there to try one out.)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Julux wrote:
    Lovely. Looking to order mine this week, only thing I'm unsure on is size, ribble sizing is interesting, sizing guide recommended a 50cm when I'm usually looking at a 54cm for 5.10" and 81cm inside leg.

Ring them up and speak to them.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Cps
    Cps Posts: 356
    Julux wrote:

Your Top end 50 bottom end 52.5

I am 5'11+ 33" inside leg I have a 52.5 and am very happy with the size - My old bike was a 56" Trek - That fits me fine also. I could have gone for a 54 but I always prefer to go smaller with my bikes.
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Cps wrote:
    My old bike was a 56" Trek - That fits me fine also. I could have gone for a 54 but I always prefer to go smaller with my bikes.
    What? I'm confused! You prefer smaller bikes but went for a bigger one, and did on the ribble also?
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • Julux wrote:

Compare virtual horizontal lengths. The seat tube length is less relevant on compact frames, some measured centre to top, some have a really long collar, some centre to centre.
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    Let the floor see the hoover!

;-)
  • I bet this guy is really pleased he posted his pic on here.... Cats, curtains, goths, hoovers!

Nice bike :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • schofie
    schofie Posts: 280
    Julux wrote:

Mate I have the 50cm medium and am 5ft 9. The measurement seems low because of the sloping top tube. It means a shorter seat tube. Their meaurement guide in my opinion is pretty much spot on, you just need to make sure you then get right length stem.

Will post a pic of mine up tomorrow, there's more colour on it than this black black black example
    Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad
  • Bookwyse
    The bars are combined bars and stem so can not be altered. The levers are set up the way I want them so that when I am on the hoods I am quite low and comfortable.

As for all of the comments about curtains, hovers to, I posted the picture of the BIKE for moments on. Bike forum. If I had wanted opinions on he decor I would have posted on a home improvement forum.lol
  • Made a change from the normal picture of a bike in the kitchen! Nice looking bike.