Garmin edge 800

Whufcrule
Whufcrule Posts: 131
edited February 2013 in Road beginners
Hi I'm just waiting for my new garmin edge 800 to be delivered any off u lads got one what they like?? I'm upgrading from old edge 305 think it was

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    As long as you dont want to use the navigation and you have enough friends it will be fine.
    If you often get lost and are in need of friends I would suggest you drop it like a stone.

But seriously, I love mine, it does way more than I need and with help from genuine people on this forum you can have it doing much more than you will ever need and doing it reliably. I used mine in anger for the first time yesterday and it never missed a beat.
    Living MY dream.
  • jagx400
    jagx400 Posts: 132
    Brilliant bit of kit. I went on a ride yesterday and got a puncture in the middle of nowhere, good job I had put the route in the 800, kept me on the course, until i caught the group up.
  • cheers lads sounds like i chose right then
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    My 800 is without doubt, the most used piece of cycling kit I've ever bought. I log all of my rides, enjoy a bit of Strava banter, train with it and use it to discover new local and distant rides. On a cost-per-ride basis I'm down to it having cost me about 30p a ride now.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I really like the navigation capabilities of my Edge 800, now that I've sussed out how to use it properly. It's really nice to be able to plan a ride of known distance, on a particular route that goes somewhere nice, and always in the knowledge you know where you are. Makes going to new places and along new routes without getting lost a doddle.

Uploading to Strava and seeing how my times increase is a bonus.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • I keep forgetting to press start after "GO" and although it navigates me round a course it's not recording it..... DOH!, I also use mine for walking with OS mapping and use bikehike to plan.
    Don't call me sir I work for a living
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    It is a nice piece of kit but it is worth getting to know how to use it. Don't try to learn it all at once. There is too much. I have had mine for over 6 months and am still learning.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    John.T wrote:
    It is a nice piece of kit but it is worth getting to know how to use it. Don't try to learn it all at once. There is too much. I have had mine for over 6 months and am still learning.

+1 One of the best features is the weather resistance.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • djm501
    djm501 Posts: 378
    +2

Try here http://frank.kinlan.co.uk/garmin-edge-8 ... -edge-800/ to begin using basic functionality, don't even bother with the manual that came with it.