Mavic wheels

Whufcrule
Whufcrule Posts: 131
edited February 2013 in Road beginners
Hi lads my bike came with mavic aksium wheels as stock and I've just ordered some mavic ksyrium s or somet or other haha the ones that are 500 odd quid any how my question is even though there the same make when I swap the cassette over onto the new rear wheel am I gonna have problems with rear derailer???

Comments

• elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    having just changed wheels and cassette myself my lbs said the only issue ref derailer is if the cassette is to big a change,ie 25-11 to 30-11 then derailer may not work.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • As above if your simply swapping the cassette between two similar construction mavic wheels you shouldn't have any issues - may just need to tweak cable tension (barrel adjuster) a little. Do the swap and then run through gears to check of any tweaks are needed.

PS - Did you serioulsy buy £500 wheels without registering the name of them??
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    In principle it will be fine but they are French so anything is possible. :-)

If you use the same cassette the only way it could be an issue is if the hub is slightly different between the two, which may then require a bit of fettling.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Yep above is spot on -- still reeling at being able to spend £500 without knowing the name of the wheels. I knew I was poor but feck me
  • thanks lads ill put them on and see how i go there mavic ksyrium elite s haha that better i couldnt remember what they were called as i was typing the post haha fingers crossed just needs a barrel adjust then