altura

leem1073
leem1073 Posts: 17
edited February 2013 in Road buying advice
What's the altura clothing like? Is it any good?

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,683
    Yep - decent stuff for a good price - Equivalent to Endura basically
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I've got gloves and a gilet and both are excellent - well priced and good quality.
  • GGBiker
    GGBiker Posts: 450
    I have to say endura is a cut above altura, seems better quality and fit.

Altura seems to be made for porkers ( which many beginner cyclists are in line with at least 50% of the population).

I have a small altura jersey which is huge compared to all my others, baggy and saggy fit.
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Yep Altura is more commuter gear, Endura is racier cut with better materials IME.
  • GGBiker wrote:
    I have to say endura is a cut above altura, seems better quality and fit.

Altura seems to be made for porkers ( which many beginner cyclists are in line with at least 50% of the population).

I have a small altura jersey which is huge compared to all my others, baggy and saggy fit.

As I am in fact a porker this may well be true :shock:
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I would agree with the above posts. Altura offers good vfm but I am not too big a fan of the shorts (the gels are just very squidgy) but in general the kit is all very durable and 1 million commuters cannot be wrong. A good alternative is dhb from Wiggle, which is probably better in terms of quality for about the same price (their bib range really is very good for the money). Endura is definitely a cut above if you buy the right product...but then the price starts creeping up and before you know it you are looking at Castelli :)