Who makes better pedals, XLC or Wellgo?

wilshawk
wilshawk Posts: 119
edited February 2013 in Road beginners
been browsing for a pedal and saw two similar ones that I liked, one made by XLC and one by Wellgo, any ideas which of these two brands is better?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I think you will find they are all made by Wellgo.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • wilshawk
    wilshawk Posts: 119
    really? thats weird, makes you wonder why they make pedals for each other, or use two different brand names, or whatever the arrangement is. I guess Ill flip a coin then, thank you!
  • Vinnyc19
    Vinnyc19 Posts: 202
    I've been running Wellgo pedals for years and they have been good
  • nicklouse
    wilshawk wrote:
    really? thats weird, makes you wonder why they make pedals for each other, or use two different brand names, or whatever the arrangement is. I guess Ill flip a coin then, thank you!
    Why? Wellgo make pedals and that is it. XLC sell parts made by lots of different companies.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • why is this debate in 'road' ? these are dark-side equipment
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    why is this debate in 'road' ? these are dark-side equipment

Some gentle trolling I guess, a bit like the 'when should I use the droppers' thread :lol:
  • Ive owned every pedal known to man over 30+ years of riding. Everything from Dura Ace to Look Keo and the only thing I use nowadays are Exustar. Cheap, light and dependable.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • nicklouse
    why is this debate in 'road' ? these are dark-side equipment
    7211_wellgo_r096b_keo_compatible_road_pedals.jpg
    2501821700.jpg

sure.