Gore Phantom 2 Soft Shell

70\ʹspenguin
70\ʹspenguin Posts: 957
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Its time for a new jacket. Must be windproof and warm enough to just wear a base in this weather but have good breathability as i sweat terribly. Got to be well made also as this has got to last for at least a year or two.

After all ive read it seems the phantom is the "go to" jacket for my max budget of £100

Before i depart with my cash is there anything ive overlooked that is comparible in performace, value?

Cheers

Comments

• I have a gore phantom 2 and really like it. Haven't tried anything else around that price range though so I can't compare.
    I wasn't sure whether I should just go for a pure LS jacket, but I like that you can unzip under your armpits and get some good breathability there while still staying warm everywhere else.
  • great jacket end of.

had mine nearly a year and its very wind resistant along with the fact its lasted all the washes ive put it through without much performance loss.
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    It's a fantastic jacket end of :)

I have had mine for about 18 months and its been great, I normally just wear a Endura baselayer under it and have been nice and warm even in -4/5 weather.
    I have treated it once with a waterproofer and that has restored it's rain repelling properties back to when it was new (although it is not a rain jacket) I have been out for about 2 hours in the rain and it has held up very well.
    I am sure you won't regret buying one
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Excellent. Winstanleys are selling an older model (medium) in white for £65 so im taking a punt on that seeing the silly price. Not an ideal colour but seeing as these are supposed to wash well i thought what the hell.