Silly Commuter Superbowl

davet2
davet2 Posts: 44
edited February 2013 in Commuting chat
Will anyone else be cycling to work bleary eyed tomorrow?

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I'll be driving to work bleary eyed bwahahaha.

Father and I have will be having our annual father / daughter bonding session tonight. Have watched the superbowl together since it started airing live over here. And this year it will be on the parents new 47" TV :D

Sadly it wont be HD as they don't have an HD sky box yet :(
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    suzyb wrote:

Father and I have will be having our annual father / daughter bonding session tonight. Have watched the superbowl together since it started airing live over here. And this year it will be on the parents new 47" TV :D

BBC HD channel.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • I'm not too bad this morning (as I fell asleep during the 3rd Quarter). :x
    I could do without the half time show though - just bloody get on with it and I might be able to make it to the end.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I'm not too bad this morning (as I fell asleep during the 3rd Quarter). :x
    I could do without the half time show though - just bloody get on with it and I might be able to make it to the end.

If they did away with all the stop starting, I may well have watched it! What time did it start? and what time did it finish?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    4am finish.

bloody power cut.

feel so rough
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    For an hours worth of game time!

That is just ridiculous!

Silly Americans and their silly sports. It's not even football, they should be made to change the name, to American Rugby, or call it Gridiron.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • I could do without the half time show though
    I don't know, the only reason I stayed up was the forlorn hope than Beyonce might have a 'wardrobe malfunction' :wink:
    I was glad for the power cut - it proved the incentive to get to bed.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    spasypaddy wrote:
    4am finish.

bloody power cut.

feel so rough

According to the papers, apparently it was a power 'outage' which I presume is American for 'cut' - only twice as long and less descriptive!

Why is anyone here interested in the Superbowl anyway? Isn't it a bit like Americans being interested in the outcome of the World Banger Racing Championships from Wisbech? :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • suzyb
    redvee wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

BBC HD channel.
    You still need an HD box don't you. Or can you get HD through the aerial.

Anyway enjoyed the game last night. Was looking like the 49ers were going to get hammered till the power went off. Then they seemed to wake up and start playing. Turned into a close game in the end.

Thought it was quite funny that the first year the BBC went to America to broadcast from the stadium and they went dead because of a power cut :lol:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    suzyb wrote:

Just looked at the channels on the aerial and it seems not, it is rare for me to use the aerial feed on my TV as I watch a lot of TV via the Tivo.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    redvee wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

Just looked at the channels on the aerial and it seems not, it is rare for me to use the aerial feed on my TV as I watch a lot of TV via the Tivo.

You can in London - I assumed they're rolled it out nationwide. You do need a freeview HD tuner in your tellybox though.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • suzyb
    redvee wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

You can in London - I assumed they're rolled it out nationwide. You do need a freeview HD tuner in your tellybox though.
    Don't know if it's national but checking the freeview site HD is available in our area. And the parents new TV has a freeview HD tuner in it :D
  • I had the luxury of working nights at home in shorts and t-shirt on the sofa.

sadly working at home meant the commute was off.

gutting about the(non) wardrobe malfunction. no doubt they'll get Madonna next year or something for a 'pop out' moment?
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • I always save a day's holiday for Super Bowl Monday since I go out to watch with pals and got home this year at 5am... darned black out.