Just gonna dish out a thanks from my Dalby mishap.

Graham K
Graham K Posts: 329
edited February 2013 in MTB general
Was over at Dalby yesterday, was riding up to somewhere near Dixons to hit the Red back to the courtyard, anyway, 3 mile in my rear hanger decided to retire, taking the chain with it, and to find out later injure the deraileur,
We forgot to put some tools in the car when we came over so we were less than equipped for a bike injury, and looking like a 3 mile walk back when a couple of guys stopped and helped us out, put the chain back together so i could singlespeed it back,
Didnt get your name lads but Thanks for stopping, top folk :D

Gets to the bike barn and the lad there didnt want to know, so over to Big Bear in Pickering.
Big Bear found me a rear hanger, put me a cassette on the wheel so i could get back to the digs and get the bike sorted,
So heres a cheers to Big Bear Cycles :D

Wasnt till we were putting it together that I found the deraileur to be bent, plus the jockey wheels are shot so will be shopping for them tomorrow.

It good that folk are willing to stop and offer and give help if you come unstuck, great people and a credit to the cycling community,
Again, Thanks to those who helped yesterday :D

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Plus one to hear of someone doing the right thing....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jolmes
    jolmes Posts: 144
    Glad you were able to get it sorted but shame about the service from the bike barn, would have thought better of those guys. Did you sort the kink out of the chain eventually?
  • Graham K
    jolmes wrote:
    Glad you were able to get it sorted but shame about the service from the bike barn, would have thought better of those guys. Did you sort the kink out of the chain eventually?

Adrian wasnt around or I couldve bullied him into sorting it :wink::lol:

Got a new chain to go with the cassette, bikes been sent into a shop here for a new deraileur and fettle, and I ended up buying a new bike in the process :shock: :mrgreen:
  • Great to hear this and funny enough i was doing the Whites level at Afan the weekend with my mate who had a mechanical in the last mile and although we had the tools with us to sort it out two riders stopped to see if we needed any help.

Puts your faith back in human nature :D:D
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • Hi Graham!

Really sorry to hear that you experienced problems at the weekend and we were not able to help you out at Dalby Bike Barn. We try to stock a selection of hangers but unfortunately we were unable to help you in this case but next time you are in Dalby you are welcome to drop in and have a chat with Adrian if you wish and see if there is anything we can help you with :-)

Cheers

Sophie Carter
  • Graham K
    Cheers Sophie,
    I will let you make us a brew too :mrgreen:

Next time I am over I am gonna try n drag Miss Morse out on the lash too, I kinda left it abit late to ask at weekend :oops: