Garmin 500

treaclepig
treaclepig Posts: 14
edited February 2013 in Road general
Hi There
I have a Garmin 500 with HRM and Cadence sensor, which is fantastic. I now need to use the thing on my 2nd bike. My question is, if I buy a 2nd cadence sensor for my 2nd bike, and set my 500 to bike 2 within the settings menu, will it just pair up with the new sensor?
Also, when I put the 500 unit back on my first bike, and change the settings back to bike 1 will it still pair with the original cadence sensor without any hassle?
I don't want it to be any more complicated than that or I will get a headache and it will spoil my ride.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    treaclepig wrote:
    Hi There
    I have a Garmin 500 with HRM and Cadence sensor, which is fantastic. I now need to use the thing on my 2nd bike. My question is, if I buy a 2nd cadence sensor for my 2nd bike, and set my 500 to bike 2 within the settings menu, will it just pair up with the new sensor?
    Also, when I put the 500 unit back on my first bike, and change the settings back to bike 1 will it still pair with the original cadence sensor without any hassle?
    I don't want it to be any more complicated than that or I will get a headache and it will spoil my ride.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Yes to question 1.

Yes to question 2.

You need to change it between bike 1 and 2 depending which you are riding!
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • rob21
    rob21 Posts: 284
    My question is, if I buy a 2nd cadence sensor for my 2nd bike, and set my 500 to bike 2 within the settings menu, will it just pair up with the new sensor?
    the 500 will work with multiple sensors,when you add your 2nd bike go to the settings make sure you enable it to work on the 2nd bike..

when you change back to your 1st bike it will pick up the sensor automatically and you wont need to go into the setting's......