Anybody on here own the new spicy 316?

davyr
davyr Posts: 25
edited February 2013 in MTB general
Just wondered if anybody on here owns the new lapierre spicy 316 2013 and what's the front forks like? As I am a 16 stone fatty and if I need to upgrade!

Comments

• MTBUK
    MTBUK Posts: 146
    I have the 2013 514 and love it, I'm also 16 stones and the. 150mm Fox CTD are lovely :)
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • davyr
    MTBUK wrote:
    I have the 2013 514 and love it, I'm also 16 stones and the. 150mm Fox CTD are lovely :)
    Cheers for the reply :D Looking at the zesty and spicy yesterday but I had it in the back of my head with me being a large soul that the rockshox fork on the spicy is too bouncy and the 514 fork was'nt adequate enough for this fat s@@ lol
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Rockshox Domain fork weighs a ton (I had one) but if you fit a motion control damper which costs about £70 it's actually a pretty decent fork and will last forever. I would take the Domain over a Fox CTD fork.
  • davyr
    The Rockshox Domain fork weighs a ton (I had one) but if you fit a motion control damper which costs about £70 it's actually a pretty decent fork and will last forever. I would take the Domain over a Fox CTD fork.
    So if I fit a motion control damper do I still need to upgrade the spring in the fork to a firmer one for my weight?