Double Espresso Energy Gels

bill_gates
bill_gates Posts: 469
edited February 2013 in Road beginners
I don't drink coffee, I consume about 3 cups of tea a week and my closest to any stimulant is Red Bull (sometimes with Jagermeister) mixed in.

Today I took a Double Espresso Energy Gel. The taste was pretty rank (to me anyway as I don't like coffee taste although I enjoy the smell).

Anyway, I've been out my t1ts for hours on a total buzz!! :wink:

EDIT: I originally stated SiS but it is indeed Clif.

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."

Comments

• Should try the Gu Vanilla Bean (tastes like vanilla), Choc Outrage (basically thick chocolate) or Choc Mint (like a think gooey after eight mint).

Thankfully Santa got my letter and delivered me a box of each!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I tried one of the Cliffs as I like black coffee, but really did not like it.
    I kind of feel that the ones that taste bad do the best job though. Had medicine like orange freebie thing before a sportive once and was convinced it helped big time.

Anyone seen 'Pocket Coffee' made by Ferrero. They are not sold in the UK (even in Italy for only part of the year!) but I got some online (use by date was cr*p on them though).
    They are individually wrapped little chocs with an espresso shot inside (no toy :( ). Ideal for cycling :D
  • So its like a kinder egg for bike racers then!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Anonymous
    Yup, and they are Italian!
    Smaller non egg shaped in a decent wrapper as opposed to annoying foil, but Kinder egg for grown ups :D
  • Carbonator wrote:
    but Kinder egg for grown ups :D
    Where do you put the toy that comes with it? :lol:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Not sure that dosing yourself with shots of concentrated caffeine is good for your health and well being over but I guess it's your body to do what you like with ...
  • Anonymous
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Not sure that dosing yourself with shots of concentrated caffeine is good for your health and well being over but I guess it's your body to do what you like with ...

If you mean the Ferrero's, I only mentioned because of the coffee theme and meant more as a treat rather than race fuel.
    Good to get that straight though :wink:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Was being a little flippant and aimed at the op! I wouldn't care to share what I consume in the cycling cause and still stay skinny!