2012 Cube Agree GTC

birdie23
birdie23 Posts: 457
edited February 2013 in Your road bikes
Just want to sing this bike's praises for how well it handled a spill yesterday. Hit a deep pothole at 22mph (annoyed at myself for not spotting it!) and it appears to have survived with nothing more than cosmetic damage to the shifters, saddle and rear quick release! The poor front Schwalbe Ultremo ZX was dead on impact though.
2012 Cube Agree GTC

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    I would get it checked out if I were you. Carbon can be seriously damaged even if you can't see any visible damage.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    declan1 wrote:
    I would get it checked out if I were you. Carbon can be seriously damaged even if you can't see any visible damage.

+1. Dont want to spread doom and gloom, but I had my Felt slide out from underneath me on a righthand corner on ice once. Picked myself up , did a quick inspection and all was Okay. Later that week the Frame split between the Chain and Seatstay junction on the driveside.
  • birdie23
    Like I said, it appears to have survived. Still won't be ridden until it's been fully checked out!

Though looking at where the scuffing is on components it didn't hit the frame.
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Crashed my cube 2011 GTC twice last year in races and it was still perfect ;)
  • birdie23
    So, it's been for a crash assessment and the verdict is the frame and fork are fine! Front wheel is out of true and the left shifter is at risk of the brake lever shearing off though!
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    birdie23 wrote:
    So, it's been for a crash assessment and the verdict is the frame and fork are fine! Front wheel is out of true and the left shifter is at risk of the brake lever shearing off though!

Awesome! At least the frame is fine :D

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.