Cyclingnews apologises

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited February 2013 in Pro race
Don't see this very often.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/apology-to-trent-lowe
Statement from Cyclingnews

Cyclingnews.com would like to apologise to Trent Lowe for various inaccurate statements that were published about him on our news site.

Cyclingnews.com acknowledges that Trent Lowe has in no way been involved in the doping scandals surrounding Floyd Landis and Ricardo Ricco and apologises for inferring in an article in February 2011 that he was involved in doping or cheating.

Cyclingnews.com also acknowledges that it was wrong to suggest in an article in January 2011 that Mr Lowe was fired from the Garmin Cycling Team due to doping involvement with Dr Del Moral, or that he intended to blackmail Garmin.

Cyclingnews.com acknowledges that Garmin has since confirmed Mr Lowe’s innocence regarding doping; and that Mr. Lowe was in fact fired for allegedly attending another team’s training camp.

Cyclingnews.com understands that Mr Lowe consulted Dr Moral after being referred for a health check, by the former directeur sportif of Team Garmin, to Dr Moral's clinic in Valencia where Mr Lowe was living at the time. It was determined Mr Lowe was suffering from chronic fatigue at the time.

Cyclingnews.com apologises unreservedly to Mr Lowe for any damage that may have been done to his reputation.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,914
    You do see that sort of thing quite often, generally in newspapers and either to avoid having their arses sued off after making up a story or after being ordered to by a judge in a libel case. Don't assume they have done it off their own backs after realising they were wrong!
  • Cyclingnews - and other parties - were shocking in how they presented the Trent Lowe story.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,176
    Imagine if internet forums had to do the same.

"HardMan87 would like to apologise to CoolKid for various inaccurate statements that were published about him on this website.

HardMan87 acknowledges that CoolKid has in no way been involved in the sucking of donkey cocks and does not live in his mother's basement and apologises for inferring in a post in February 2011 that he is a gaylord"
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    RichN95 wrote:

"HardMan87 would like to apologise to CoolKid for various inaccurate statements that were published about him on this website.

HardMan87 acknowledges that CoolKid has in no way been involved in the sucking of donkey cocks and does not live in his mother's basement and apologises for inferring in a post in February 2011 that he is a gaylord"

I just sprayed Heineken all over my iPad. The funniest post for quite some time! :lol:
  • no doubt the use of homophobia to illustrate the point was the reason ...
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    no doubt the use of homophobia to illustrate the point was the reason ...
    But the bestiality was OK? You animalist, you disgust me.
  • dougzz wrote:
    But the bestiality was OK? You animalist, you disgust me.

Touché
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    edited February 2013
  • RichN95 wrote:

That is bloody brilliant, bravo!!!!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • RichN95.
    Have you been on an average internet forum (or something like YouTube commets). Homophobia abounds. I don't approve.
    It doesn't mean I can't satirize it.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    RichN95 wrote:
    Have you been on an average internet forum (or something like YouTube commets). Homophobia abounds. I don't approve.
    Youtube comments are like a tourettes war between 10 year olds.
  • RichN95 wrote:

it's only really satire if the original subject warrants the response ...

But if if I missed something and Cyclingnews was apologising for falsely outing Trent Lowe then i withdraw my complaint ...
  • RichN95.

it's only really satire if the original subject warrants the response ...

But if if I missed something and Cyclingnews was apologising for falsely outing Trent Lowe then i withdraw my complaint ...

I wasn't satirising Trent Lowe - I was using the original apology to satirise internet culture - 'imagine if'. Most people get it, but you're clearly not up to it. I'm guessing you're not British (or Irish).
  • I'm British ...

Just don't 'get' how homophobia illustrates the 'internetz' ... but as you were ...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,401
    RichN95 wrote:

I just sprayed Heineken all over my iPad. The funniest post for quite some time! :lol:

Serves you right for drinking something so revolting!! ;)

(yes and total like lol @ rich, zmfg!!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,244
    dougzz wrote:

Typical - someone tries to satirize internet forumz and someone else has to bring up Jimmy Saville.

I hate it the way people can't mention anything innocently without someone else making some wise-ars* crack about the latest flavour-of-the-moment pedo, Jeremy Clarkson being a massive cutn that needs to be smacked in the mouth or tainted beef juice having accidentally slipped into the mouth of the best cyclist of his generation...
  • RichN95.
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    dougzz wrote:

Typical - someone tries to satirize internet forumz and someone else has to bring up Jimmy Saville.

I hate it the way people can't mention anything innocently without someone else making some wise-ars* crack about the latest flavour-of-the-moment pedo, Jeremy Clarkson being a massive cutn that needs to be smacked in the mouth or tainted beef juice having accidentally slipped into the mouth of the best cyclist of his generation...
    I mentioned Stuart Hall on the Cyclo Cross thread. Crankbrother hasn't seen it yet so I'm in the clear for the moment. But my days are numbered.