Shimano Tiagra Chainset / Front Mech / Rear Mech
Shimano 105 shifters
Tektro 539 long drop brakes
Mavic Aksium wheels from my current winter bike
Continenatl 4 seasons tyres (25c)
Deda bars and stem
Kinesis seatpost
Fizik Aliante Saddle

Hopefully it won't be icy tomorrow and I'll be able to take it out for it's first ride.

Comments

• Nice, I hope you get to try it out tomorrow, although even if its wet it's a winter bike so get out anyway! I contemplated on these for my commuter, although there was a flaw in my plan as it wasn't actually out then. I like the matching fork it finishes the frame off much nicer than the old model.

Out of interest what mudguards have you got fitted?
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Out of interest what mudguards have you got fitted?

They are Tortec mudguards
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I don't think these bikes are eye-catching.
    But they're a quality product IMO.
  • I don't think these bikes are eye-catching.
    But they're a quality product IMO.
    +1 I have a TK2 great bike I built mine up with a Ultegra groupset its been a rock solid do it all bike, it gets used more than my best bike, personally I think it's the graphics that let the looks down. IMO
  • Great bike by the way
  • hugo15
    hugo15 Posts: 1,101
    Enjoyed my first ride on the bike on Sunday. Initial impressions were very good.
  • Looks fantastic, I'm jealous! I lusted after a TK3 for my recent winter build but the budget wouldn't stretch so I got a T2 (a poor man's TK3!) and built it up with full 105 and handbuilt wheels. Very comfy frames, and as you say a bike that can be used year round, as mine will.
  • I love this, such a cracking build. I recently bought a kinesis racelight t2 as I couldn't find one of these in my size. Am very happy with my own but I do love these new tk3 frames.... Massive thumbs up well done.

Ps ill post pics of mine winter ride, just need to wash it first...
    Look 595 ultra - F+F for sale.....
    Cervelo r5
    Kinesis T2 2013 winter bike
    Merida Carbon 1500 flx MTB
  • Doomism
    Doomism Posts: 17
    On my way to a custom built "all year round" bike just like this... Looking top notch by the way, even if the Kinesis decals let it down a little. Then again, less eye catching can be great for a stealthy commuter. Might keep the bike under the thief radar a little.

Any thoughts on the difference between the T2 and Tk3?

Considering that my last bike was a hefty steel framed 80's race bike with limited gear range, anything has got to be an improvement right?

I could do with saving a few quid and getting the T2 fork/frame. But then again, for a bike that will be doing some serious mileage, perhaps it's worth the investment in the lighter frame?

Did you get the LBS to build this up? Also, how did you go about getting the right sizing on the frame/stem etc.

Did you consider any other options when choosing this one?