First puncture!

p1tse
p1tse Posts: 694
edited February 2013 in Road beginners
First puncture on my rear wheel as I went over a bad pot hole

Hope wheel is ok, looks alright.
It didn't go flat straight away, but by the time I walked the last 1.5 miles it was proper flat.

Gutted and what a pain from a pot hole!

Now off to bike shop to get inner tube
Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm

Comments

• lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    At least you have learnt a lesson. Don't go out without a spare inner tube (so buy at least two).

I always carry a puncture repair kit as well but I'd rather not have to repair a tyre by the side of the road.
  • p1tse
    I haven't got any of the accessories essentials yet
    I don't venture to far from home so have other half who could pick me up lol
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Get a repair kit quickly before you end up getting a divorce.
  • lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    524 posts and you don't have any accessories yet?! You need to spend more time on websites where you can actually buy things.
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    I had my first puncture last week while still 4 miles from home. A sharp stone had worked its way through, shame as the Giant tyres have proved to be robust things. Patched it which got me home, but changed the tube as the patch is still leaking.. grrr.
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • p1tse
    lc1981 wrote:
    524 posts and you don't have any accessories yet?! You need to spend more time on websites where you can actually buy things.

Lol
    Yeah I do need some accessories.
    I've got my eye on a lezyne pump, either lezyne or Topeak saddle bag and then put inner tube and tyre levers in but that's still £40+ which when wife is on end of maternity and two monkeys its not top priority

But will be on my wish list at next available opportunity :)
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Got my first puncture about 4 weeks myself, not far from home but changed the tube as I had one on me. Took me about 35 mins, cheap tire levers did not help. Was my own fault I think because i had not checked the tyre presure since I bought the bike about 4 weeks before that. Got a proper joe blow track pump and part tool tyre levers. Tyre had a gash so also replaced the tyre. I also have a Defy2 and thought the tyre was very light and thin when I took it off. I replaced it with a Vredestein Fiammante DuoComp. I thought this offered better protection because it was thicker and heavier, Im slow so rolling speed means nothing to me. Is this a illusion?
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,641
    Sell the monkeys.