Are we the extra-terrestrials?

Gabbo
Gabbo Posts: 864
edited February 2013 in The bottom bracket
Ever wondered whether live expands outside of our beautiful planet earth? Think again. How and where did us humans originate from?

Think of it like this: maybe we have been seeded here on earth to duplicate, and to mimic similar operations of which would be conducted by the extra extraterrestrials themselves. Maybe we were seeded here by the aliens to colonise a planet.

"Mankind's intelligence, was not only the result of evolution, but around 50'000 years ago, the genes of ancient humans went through an intense amount of change, in a relatively short amount of time." Some refer to this as the big bang of the brain (google for sources).

We talk about the missing link, but where is the link from going from Apes, Monkeys, Gorillas etc. to being capable of developing atomic weaponry and flying through space?

Also, is the DNA we have, a product from life elsewhere? Could by any chance, a huge asteroid or comet started life on earth? I say this because there is solid evidence that meteorites carry microbial agents that can survive for hundreds and thousands of years throughout space. Maybe an asteroid hit earth once upon a time, and life was the result.

What do you think? Do you have an open mind on this heavily debated subject (heavily debated amongst many scientists)

If this at all interests you in the slightest, I would most definitely recommend watching the video posted in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5EvnT4bs_M

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Not sure that we have 'evolved'. the vast majority of humans live in poverty.
    Disease is rife.
    We are no where near covering the distances required to really explore space.
    We spend in-ordinate quantities of money on arms and killing each other.
    We are using up resources like there is literally no tomorrow.
    We have not lived in symbiosis with the environment for at least 35,000 years.
    We are parasitical except that unlike other organisms, sophisticated parasites do not kill their host.
    I'm not sure why we continue to think of ourselves as really clever:
    There has been only 3 days of global peace since the end of the 2nd world war.
    We are too intent on using up resources and spending money/time on everything but space exploration that we will never really get there.
    Sorry.
    PS The video is American crap.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    Maybe we are just dumb apes abandoned by smart space apes who seeded planet Earth and buggered off and left us to it?
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    Not sure that we have 'evolved'. the vast majority of humans live in poverty.
    Disease is rife.
    We are no where near covering the distances required to really explore space.
    We spend in-ordinate quantities of money on arms and killing each other.
    We are using up resources like there is literally no tomorrow.
    We have not lived in symbiosis with the environment for at least 35,000 years.
    We are parasitical except that unlike other organisms, sophisticated parasites do not kill their host.
    I'm not sure why we continue to think of ourselves as really clever:
    There has been only 3 days of global peace since the end of the 2nd world war.
    We are too intent on using up resources and spending money/time on everything but space exploration that we will never really get there.
    Sorry.
    PS The video is American crap.

You've just listed the flaws in human characteristics. But all that you've just listed, can only be performed by an advanced species themselves, which differentiates humans from any other species on this earth . I'm not buying these theories that we're a product from elsewhere, but I'm not going to be ignorant and dismiss them either.

Yes the documentary was American, which probably gives it less credibility than it may deserve but taking a second to think what if, can be pretty incredible.

Surely the existent of mankind is all too complex to happen by mistake.

I think 99% of people will think this video is 100% shite, which it may just be, considering it's media and most media is 100% shite as media like all things revolves around money. But what if? :)
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Humans are a virus, Lord Attenborough quoted last week about how we are destroying the planet by breading beyond control.
    Ever watched the "Matrix" there seems to be a lot of truth in that. (yes its fake but you get my meaning)

I personally think that there is life on every planet, on every moon and in every galaxy. Just that we do not understand it. I find it harder to believe that we are the only ones than thinking that there is life elsewhere.
    Living MY dream.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    VTech wrote:
    Humans are a virus, Lord Attenborough quoted last week about how we are destroying the planet by breading beyond control.

I knew it. That Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry are to blame :wink:
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    :D:D:D
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Still doesnt explain Stoke though :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    In answer to the title of your thread; by definition, no, we are not the extra terrestrials.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • pinno
    Gabbo wrote:
    ...Surely the existent of mankind is all too complex to happen by mistake...

We have evolved over millions of years. Re.: Carl Zimmer, Evolution. First mammals appeared on the secene 225 million years ago. Ramidus - Semi upright humanoid ape, 4.5 million years ago (approx.).

These are huge time scales to which we in our infinitimally short existences cannot possible comprehend. The Big bang theory is in the same vein. Americans perpetuate these incredulous ideas: a gene for Gays/Criminals, all encompassing answers to very complex questions.

We are definately not nore intelligent than the ancient Greeks or Egyptians or Aztecs were. We have just simply accumulated lots of knowledge. We appear intelligent as if intelligence happened only very recently. The industrial revolution simply accelerated the process of material use and enhancement. We are surrounded by sophisticated gadgets made from sophisticated materials, but it took us 35,000 years to reach critical mass in that department.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    I don't know why you're all so dismissive about this American documentary. There are some classic British documentaries that come to similar conclusions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOZWYDXaQLs&t=2m05s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEG_kVU4Vz8&t=1m48s
  • My head hurts just trying to contemplate a lot of this theory.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • pinno
    RDW wrote:
    I don't know why you're all so dismissive about this American documentary. There are some classic British documentaries that come to similar conclusions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOZWYDXaQLs&t=2m05s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEG_kVU4Vz8&t=1m48s

The first one - excelent
    OU in its infancy

Thats right - old hat and being recycled accross the pond.
  • I think some answers to this question will be coming soon. If we find life on Mars that is similar to our own blueprint then there is a good chance that we were seeded by Mars or both planets were seeded at the same time by a meteor carrying bacteria. If we find life on Mars, or any of the moons in the solar system, which has no similarities with our blueprint then there is a good chance that life is abundant within the universe and not a freak occurrence as first thought.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Snakbar wrote:
    I think some answers to this question will be coming soon. If we find life on Mars that is similar to our own blueprint then there is a good chance that we were seeded by Mars or both planets were seeded at the same time by a meteor carrying bacteria. If we find life on Mars, or any of the moons in the solar system, which has no similarities with our blueprint then there is a good chance that life is abundant within the universe and not a freak occurrence as first thought.

Where to start..... :roll:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • I generally start with a cup of tea..
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    The content of the OP sounds like the plot of '2001' and a mixture of many other sci-fis.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but so what?

The older I get, the better I was.

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Or are we dancers?
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    RonB wrote:
    VTech wrote:

I knew it. That Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry are to blame :wink:

Uugh... That makes my stomach turn.
  • VTech
    He was on J Ross at the weekend and said similar things I believe.
    Can you imagine what this place is going to be like in 50 years if the current growth rate continues ?
    Living MY dream.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    VTech wrote:
    He was on J Ross at the weekend and said similar things I believe.
    Can you imagine what this place is going to be like in 50 years if the current growth rate continues ?

Extremely quiet for me.

The older I get, the better I was.

• byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Here's one to ponder on - Isn't it funny how the moon is just the right size to cover the sun during an eclipse? Not too small or too big, just the right size to cover it.

Oh all right, here's another - why do all the ancient texts from different parts of world tell nearly the same tales? The "gods" came down to earth, teach the people certain things and then head off to the stars and saying they will be coming back in the distant future.

OK, another one - If god created the earth in 7 literal 24 hour days, why does it take so long to do road repairs?

Yes, I have read chariots of the Gods........................
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • VTech
    I think that in reality, you woul need to be incredibly small minded to think that this is the only planet amongst the billions out there that hold life. It's much harder to think we are the only one rather than we are one of many.
    Living MY dream.