Toe-path/Forest of dean light trail bike?

t0ph0id
t0ph0id Posts: 191
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
I'm after a second hand hardtail for toe-path/cycle path/very light trail riding.

I sold my full suss Giant Reign and am selling my super light road bike, so I'm left with my single speed road commuter which isn't up to the job.

Now the girlfriend has bought a hybrid and would like to do some rides, so I need/want to get another bike. One is never enough.

I want an MTB, potentially single speed or 1x9 or 10. But singlespeed is my preference I think.

What sort of thing should I be looking out for? Has to be second hand as my budget is around £200.

I've considered building my own from second hand parts but it always adding up to more than you expect or takes a lot longer to get together.

So, what to look out for? If you have something that sounds suitable let me know.

I'm 5'7" so looking for about a 16" frame I think?

Comments

• Buy whichever £200 mtb you can find and ditch the granny, big ring, front mech and shifter or buy a nearly all new Carrera Subway.
    For £200 you are going to be looking at what what were £500 entry level bikes, 2 or 3 years ago something like a Voodoo or a Carrera.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo