1st full face helmet

bleasy
bleasy Posts: 98
edited February 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys looking for some advice on which full face helmets are good as I'm looking to get one. Lbs doesn't really have any so going to have to buy of the Internet. I've been looking at oneal ones on leisure lakes don't know if none has one or what they are like. Also been looking at 661, fly and bluegrass on chain reaction again don't know if anyone has one of these or what they are like. Any help would be great.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The best one is the one that fits the best.
    They all give the same level of protection. Carbon isn't necessarily lighter and a removable lining is a very good thing.
    Personally I like the Urge Down-O-Matic, great helmet if it fits you properly.
  • bleasy
    Cheers looks like I'm going to have to order a few different ones, lbs doesnt really have any in to try
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    The o'neal fury looks to be the same as the 661 comp, but nicer looking and with a better fastening. I've had the 661 comp and it's decent for the price, but get the o'neal as it's nicer looking. I've got an o'neal airtech now which I really rate, though I had to try a few different lids on to find one that fit properly. The best thing is to try what you can and if it fits then that's the one for you. Good thing about CRC is that you can return stuff easily if it doesn't fit, and the return postage is free.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • bleasy
    Yeh really like the o'neal fury got a leisure lakes in Lancaster so going to see if they have any in to try
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,753
    Get a couple in from a company that does easy/free returns and try them on - no substitute. Giro Remedy fits well/is comfortable for me, was lucky as it was the first one I ordered.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I tried on a few helmets and found that the fox and 661 helmets didnt fit my head shape, Ended up with a Bell, and it is really comfy. Wasnt my first choice as I had hoped to get a fox. But it was uncomfortable immediately in the shop and the next size up was far too loose :(
    AUT PAX AUT BELLUM
    My Kayaking Blog http://naefearjustbeer.wordpress.com/