Boardman Hybrid Race

sensation
sensation Posts: 5
edited February 2013 in Commuting general
Morning dudes and dudettes

Few weeks ago, and i'm sure it's happened to everyone. my prized Giant CRS 4.0 got nicked.

As a replacement I've had my eyes on the

1. Boardman Hybrid Race at halfords. retails at around £400 ish.

2. Specialized Sirrus Elite 2012 same price

Looking for a good hybrid around the £400 mark to match my old Giant CRS 4.0. and these two seem good

Comments

• Thanks for replying. Would you possibly say the boardman hybrid race, has better components and perhaps be faster than the Sirrus?

Lol salesman at Halfrauds said 'Well, it's a cracking bike the Hybrid race, and even some of the components on it when added together cost more than the bike itself'

hmmm
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    When I looked 18 months ago, the entire Sirrus range had shockingly poor components for the money, whereas Boardmans were much better than you would expect for the money.

Suffice to say, I got a Boardman Hybrid Team.

If you want another option, the Carrera Gryphon is really good and light for the money, again from Halfords unfortunately.

If you do go for Halfords, I think they have a 'spend and save' on at the moment - reserve your bike online for store pickup to get this. Also, if you join British Cycling (for £18 a year) you get 10% (on top of any other discounts) off which is often more than the cost of membership.

British Cycling is reduced to £18 by using the TForL13 code http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/common/vouche ... ishcycling