Race points

Marcryan206
Marcryan206 Posts: 116
edited February 2013 in Amateur race
Hi guys

Booked in for my first road race and was just wondering how the points system works? Is it different or each race and so on? The race involves cats 2/3/4 so is there just points for say the first ten in cat2 then 3 and so on or is it just set points for all?

Thanks
Marc

Comments

• If you look at the BC website, each race is in a given points band.

The points for each band are shown here:

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/roadst_National_Regional_Rankings_Explained
  • Cheers for that ill check it out!
  • The points are given to the first x people crossing the line. Your category only limits the races you can enter.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    what race is it?
  • Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    2/3/4 Road race would be Reg A, points for top 15 finishers.
  • Brentor stage race, so top 15 get points well out of 50 will good going as a cat4 then lol. Best get the training in!!
  • DHTT
    DHTT Posts: 345
    See you there :-) its 60 riders by the way!
  • That's cool then!! See you there I'm sure ill see you some where in there!!
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Your first race is a 2/3/4 road race? Fair play to you, I hope it goes better than mine did - dropped after 5 minutes!
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Yea I know! You never know how you are going to do if you don't push your self! Well I say that now lol
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,587
    To be honest I don't tend to find 2, 3, 4 races to be any harder than 3/4 usually.
  • Think it will interesting just to see how good each cat is and how I find it! Can you see who is racing and what cat they are in?
  • Pross
    Think it will interesting just to see how good each cat is and how I find it! Can you see who is racing and what cat they are in?

If it is online entry you can view who has entered and what category they are, you can also click on their names and get details of the races they've entered and where they finished.
  • Yea it's on BC website ill have to check that. Cheers for that!
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Pross wrote:
    To be honest I don't tend to find 2, 3, 4 races to be any harder than 3/4 usually.
    I wish it was the same around here! 2/3/4's are fu*king brutal!
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Pross
    Back before the introduction of elite and 4th cats I used to race as a 3rd cat. Most races had two races a 3rd / Junior and a 1/2/3, I used to generally enter the 1/2/3 unless the distance was too great as even though the average speed was higher it was less jumpy and safer. I have found the same with 2/3/4 races since I started riding again (although I haven't done a huge amount of racing). My biggest problem in 2/3/4 races is getting up any hills with the bunch!
  • Pross wrote:
    Back before the introduction of elite and 4th cats I used to race as a 3rd cat. Most races had two races a 3rd / Junior and a 1/2/3, I used to generally enter the 1/2/3 unless the distance was too great as even though the average speed was higher it was less jumpy and safer. I have found the same with 2/3/4 races since I started riding again (although I haven't done a huge amount of racing). My biggest problem in 2/3/4 races is getting up any hills with the bunch!

Is that because someone setting the pace up the hills faster or is it because your a machine and they slow you down?
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    the Brentor race is a bit different re pts - each stage will be be pts for top 10 and then after the overall is decided, pts for top 15.
    I think the guy who won last yr, won all the stages + overall, so collected something like 50pts :)

entry limited to 60 due to time contriants with the TT

Its a brutal course so i hope you like hills ? but arnt they all :)
  • Pross
    I'm glad I didn't do it last year now. Someone told me before the course down there was more or less flat with one side of a triangle being a slight drag that grinds you down but that was when they had a series of one off races there, it must have changed for the stage race. I fancy doing the race in Modbury but can't see that being anything other than horribly hilly!
  • mamba80 wrote:
    the Brentor race is a bit different re pts - each stage will be be pts for top 10 and then after the overall is decided, pts for top 15.
    I think the guy who won last yr, won all the stages + overall, so collected something like 50pts :)

entry limited to 60 due to time contriants with the TT

Its a brutal course so i hope you like hills ? but arnt they all :)

Yea enjoy hills now iv improved with training still got some improvement to do but should be a real test!!