Re-uniting people with things they have lost.

rubertoe
rubertoe Posts: 3,994
edited February 2013 in Commuting chat
On my way in this morning, as I left my house I had a brief exchange with a guy on what I believe to be a trek, he was wearing a luminous jacket and endura overshoe.

He was heading to the Strand, anyway, at the bottom of Barnet Hill he became attached from his rear light, which I now have in my possession and If by any chance he is on here or you know anyone that has lost a rear light this morning (its quite an expensive light) then drop me a PM as I'd like to re-unite it with the owner.
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Comments

• rubertoe
    I should add, you didnt drop me! I didnt wanna sit in your spray (no guards) and I had friday legs!

(plus I stopped to pick up your light).

:D:D
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    rubertoe wrote:
    I should add, you didnt drop me! I didnt wanna sit in your spray (no guards) and I had friday legs!

Sure, sure. :wink:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • rubertoe
    Koncordski wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

How very dare you. :? :shock: :wink:

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    rubertoe wrote:
    Koncordski wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

How very dare you. :? :shock: :wink:
    Forgot to mention the recovery ride. Other than that an excellent SCF excuse, well done.
  • anthdci
    anthdci Posts: 543
    i saw a rear light blinking away at the side of the road this morning but thought A, it would be too dangerous for me to stop and turn in the road to go back for it, and B there is more chance of the owner retracing their route and finding it at the side of the road than me finding them. So I left it and continued on.
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    Something I did a while back is to shove a bit of paper with my contact details in the battery compartment of my lights. Hopefully I won't get to test whether they get returned, but it might be a useful tip for others.
  • anthdci
    anthdci Posts: 543
    davmaggs wrote:
    Something I did a while back is to shove a bit of paper with my contact details in the battery compartment of my lights. Hopefully I won't get to test whether they get returned, but it might be a useful tip for others.

very good idea! With the state of the roads after the winter its really bumpy and I've had one of my rear lights come off once and a front light come off twice!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    rubertoe wrote:
    On my way in this morning, as I left my house I had a brief exchange with a guy on what I believe to be a trek, he was wearing a luminous jacket and endura overshoe.

If all he's wearing is a luminous jacket and one overshoe he ought to be pretty easy to spot......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

If all he's wearing is a luminous jacket and one overshoe he ought to be pretty easy to spot......

Masonic cycling?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rubertoe
    Rolf F wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

Masonic cycling?

:oops: :shock: :oops:

Luckily he had sufficient coverage on his legs. I should be able to spot him as he rode past my house! Hopefully i can re-unite him with it.

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Well I must have managed to knock the front light off my bike as I got it off the train at Euston the other morning (it was definately on there as I had to swivel it around to fold the bike up when i got on).

I was unfolding it just off the train when I noticed it was missing, so went back to the carrage to see if I could see it, but some chunt had made off with it.

Hopefully karma will see them have a nasty accident.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem