Lights - Flashing mode a contravention?

2»

Comments

• Slowbike wrote:
    Kerguelen wrote:
    Well, I stand corrected. Apparently 3 flashing headlights were not visible to the fool in an SUV who pulled out in front of me at a roundabout last night.

I'd suggest having at least one on the bars on constant ... not that it excuses twits who don't look ...

That's twice in 2 days now! What the **** is going on?

I'm going to work some more on my Malcolm Tucker impression.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    diy wrote:
    Flashing is ok strobe is plain stupid. It's well researched bright lights and strobe lights make it hard to judge distance and speed.

:idea: The attitude to take is:

Flashing or strobe light ahead, probably a cyclist, distance/speed unknown. Don't need to know because
    I don't make a mental note of speed/distance of motor vehicles ahead. Adjust driving manner (i.e. slow down)
    and ffs don't drive into him/her".

What's difficult about the above? :wink:
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    What's difficult about that? Well it's a cyclist so they're in the way. Thy are just an obstacle to be shuvved off the road
  • Slowbike wrote:
    What's difficult about that? Well it's a cyclist so they're in the way. Thy are just an obstacle to be shuvved off the road

I'd started to form that impression.

Not to mention the numtpy who reversed into me, while he was driving on the wrong side of the road, in daylight, while I was wearing the Offensive Yellow Rucksack Of Offensiveness. I mean seriously, WTF?
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Yes. But they've passed their test. Apparently it is illegal to cycle two abreast - so it is ok to cut up cyclists who do. Doesn't matter that they overtook on a blind hill.

Oh - rear light was on and honestly - you couldn't not see us!