Best toddler friendly rock / rave / disco tunes

alan_a
alan_a Posts: 1,546
edited February 2013 in The bottom bracket
Chris Evans on Radio 2 this morning played AC/DC Highway to Hell.

My almost 3 year old daughter stated "I like this song daddy", from the bedroom my wife shouted "No you don't!".

Unperturbed 3 year old spends the entire song hand dancing and head nodding whilst eating breakfast.

I think we have a little rocker - I would have preferred a little raver, just so long as she's not into 1bloodydirection.

This got me thinking, what classic rock / rave / disco / indy tunes do your kids enjoy?

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    N1 child (6 1/2 y.o. girl) is into Blondie, Depeche Mode and early Foo Fighters, N2 (3 1/2 y.o. boy) is a more chilled out impro jazz kinda dude.

Admittedly both go crazy when Paradise City comes on, but who in their right mind doesn't?

I once played Underworld's "Born Slippy" very loudly at a pass the parcel at one of their parties - all parents found it amusing, the children found it bewildering. The Delicious Victoria gave me a quick kick in the nads afterwards as it was deemed "unsuitable" for some reason .......
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Alan A wrote:

My almost 3 year old daughter stated "I like this song daddy", from the bedroom my wife shouted "No you don't!".

Unperturbed 3 year old spends the entire song hand dancing and head nodding whilst eating breakfast.

I think we have a little rocker - I would have preferred a little raver, just so long as she's not into 1bloodydirection.

This got me thinking, what classic rock / rave / disco / indy tunes do your kids enjoy?

Has she seen Megamind? The sound track will make her day :D

My five year old Son loves Dobidoes (it's really Dominoes by The Big Pink) and Paper Planes by M.I.A. Though he's loving Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds at the mo. My two year old Son will mosh to anything and everything, he's as mad as a box of frogs.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    Alan A wrote:

My 13 year old likes a bit of Faith No More and even a bit of New Model Army....his dad (me) is to blame :)
  • the wiggles with kylie orrrrrrr the wiggles with leo sayer :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • D4RK1
    D4RK1 Posts: 49
    Get them listening to altern 8 :D
  • My two lads always loved Monster by The Automatic.
    But they also used to get quite worked up at the bass riff in The Chain by Fleetwood Mac!!

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • Your kid has got fine taste! Chapeau.

I have video of my now 11 yr old boy rocking out to Rammstein when he was just 18 months.

He has since raided my CDs & iTunes library for everything & anything "heavy", including AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Anthrax & Metallica. His first proper gig last year was to see Motorhead.

He also has a soft spot for The Prodigy & Pendulum, so there's hope for your daughter yet.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    My 4-month old son likes the Super Furry Animals.
  • My wife took my son to see Take That 3 years ago, when he was 8. He didn't enjoy it.
    He DID enjoy when I took him to see Green Day the following year :-)
    We also went to the Bearded Theory festival a couple of years ago and he loved The Undertones, Eddie and The Hot Rods and Ade Edmondson's Bad Sheppards.

He does have a full set of drums and a couple of guitars in his bedroom.

Living the childhood I never had? Never. Nope. Well, maybe ;-)
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    When my daughter was 2 years old, she would stop whatever she was doing when Marilyn Manson's version of Tainted Love came on MTV2 or Kerrang. She now likes Wrong Direction and Oily Muirs et al.................... :cry:
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    "The Lemon Song" Led Zeplin :wink:

The older I get, the better I was.

• rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    While my 4 yr old daughter likes Carly Rae Jepsen Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson and Katy Perry (no influences by my :wink: :P ), she's a fan of Biffy Clyro..or Clyno as she calls them.
    She likes a bit of Gwen Stefani and her favourite No Doubt song is Hella Good :D
    When she was younger she was partial to a couple of Example songs and a bit of Tiesto 8)

Makes car journeys a lot more relaxing rather than listening to a CD of nursery rhymes etc