Magnets to solve pelvic problem ! Steve. Hogg

khumbu8000
khumbu8000 Posts: 59
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
Dear All, I have been desperate to solve mt pelvic misalignment for yrs and have had no luck . I came across this http://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com/sto ... ation-kit/ Seems very whacky and a bit of a con but happy to give anything a go. Has anyone heard of this?

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    I don't know what part of your body is magnetic so I ve no idea how magnets will help. This sends my Skeptisense of the scale....

Usual method of solving leg length problems is to put a shim under the cleat...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I read somewhere that the change away from metallic hip joints was much welcomed by the elderly folks whose grandkids would sneak up on them and stick fridge magnets to them for fun.

Not on topic, but humorous none the less.
  • I'm inclined to agree. It was all making perfect sense and then I got to the point where he referred to a mass spectrometer, and my reaction was 'Whoa!". After that, my eyes got bigger and bigger (but no less symmetrical :) )

But hey, who knows. Extraordinary claims do, however, require extraordinary evidence.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Oh hells no, don't go anywhere near that!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    The man's a fruit loop !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    There must be something you can do to alleviate the problem. How about using Sugru ? This stuff is going to be legendary.

OP - are you in pain ? Can you use a different crank arm length on the off side? Can you put a shim in as mentioned before?. My saddle is turned v slightly to the right 'cos my left testicle... no wait, 'cos my left leg is a fraction shorter than my right and I have 3 washers under the left Cleat.
    Unless you swallow a bucket full of metal filings, I do not know how Magnets are going to help.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    he's a fruitcake, everyone knows lily the pinks medicinal compound is the only cure for dodgy hips and every other ailment come to think of it
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    There must be something you can do to alleviate the problem. How about using Sugru ? This stuff is going to be legendary.
    I think you're right!!, i need SUGRU, not sure what for just yet, but I definately need some
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    I shudder to think exactly where the 'small magnet' must be shoved to fix your pelvis.

But at least we can blame Lance again:

'I used my testing protocol off the bike to determine what amount and placement of foot correction he needed and but could not get a response from his feet on the bike. After much hair pulling and frustration, I found a Livestrong bracelet wrapped around his spare tube in his tool bag. Once that was removed, end of problem.'

A salutary lession in what can happen to someone who spends too much time obsessing over the tiniest details. I haven't seen it in bike fitters before, but audiophiles are prone to the same disease. I've never been quite sure if this site is scam, satire, or horribly serious:

http://www.machinadynamica.com/