- Specialized S-Works 44 shallow bend handlebar
- Specialized S-Works crankset 39-53T.
- Sram Red Black Edition drivetrain
- Bontrager D3 Aelous 5 Tubular wheelset
- Speedplay pedals.
- Fizik Arione CX carbon saddle

703731_10152336359930287_1219479879_o.jpg

Weight: 6.35 kgs.

There's been a few changes done since that picture was taken. Most noticeably the stem is dropped all the way down and there's one one 5mm spacer on top of the stem. There's also pedals on and the seatpost is a couple of centimeters down. :)

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    That's a great looking bike, it just looks right with that frame size 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Wow.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • That's a serious badboy - very tasty
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Nice one...
    :D
  • Hylol
    Hylol Posts: 11
    Thanks guys! Haven't ridden it just yet, but in a couple of months when there's dry roads and no snow she's going for her first trip.

Had her mounted up for a bikefit today too. The Spesh-geo seems to suit me quite allright! :)
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Im liking that !

Nice colour scheme.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looks freaking awful in my size, as do all Specialized bikes. That looks spot on :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Looks great.

Have said it before, but the Venge was flat out fast. How I wish I had bought a 54cm when I bought mine. The higher stand over killed me. Hopefully maybe have another Venge someday. Your bike is stunning !
  • Nice, like the colour. I have the Sworks SL4 in 54cm, and I'm biased of course, but I think it's the best looking size too! (I'm 5'8). Mine's 6kg, with tubulars too. The geometry of the two bikes is almost identical.
  • bristolpete
    Nice, like the colour. I have the Sworks SL4 in 54cm, and I'm biased of course, but I think it's the best looking size too! (I'm 5'8). Mine's 6kg, with tubulars too. The geometry of the two bikes is almost identical.

To a point the geo is very similar but the stand over is different. 14mm on a 56 Tarmac to Venge which for short legged people is quite a lot. worth noting.
  • Hylol
    Looks great.

Have said it before, but the Venge was flat out fast. How I wish I had bought a 54cm when I bought mine. The higher stand over killed me. Hopefully maybe have another Venge someday. Your bike is stunning !
    True true! The higher standover is a pain in the ass for some people. Some people actually don't want that bike because of it (mainly if they're in between sizes).

There's bound to be a Venge in your loop someday if you go to a Spesh-dealer when you need a new bike. :mrgreen:
  • bristolpete
    Too true. I will deffo get a 54cm next time. I am 5'9 but have 30 inch inseam which renders bike fit a royal pain in the arse as long body too.

I am thinking about a non sworks Venge to be honest. Spesh Fact 10, not 11 but still stiff and fast and 150 grams heavier which is a gnats chuff really.

I can buy a bike in a box, turn the bars and ride it or go sworks then try and build it....

The Venge comp had a great review in Cyclist magazine which is great value for money.

the question i ask myself as a bike fan is can I live without sworks..?

no pro, but I do love my bikes.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Too true. I will deffo get a 54cm next time. I am 5'9 but have 30 inch inseam which renders bike fit a royal pain in the ars* as long body too.

I am thinking about a non sworks Venge to be honest. Spesh Fact 10, not 11 but still stiff and fast and 150 grams heavier which is a gnats chuff really.

I can buy a bike in a box, turn the bars and ride it or go sworks then try and build it....

The Venge comp had a great review in Cyclist magazine which is great value for money.

Well, the S-Works one says 'S-Works' on the side. Could you live without that? :lol:

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Hylol
    Too true. I will deffo get a 54cm next time. I am 5'9 but have 30 inch inseam which renders bike fit a royal pain in the ars* as long body too.

Doesn't matter if it's a S-Works or not! It's still a really good bike. I actually work in a bike shop, so I've been mounting, selling and repairing a lot of different Spesh road machines, and I like the Comp and Expert just as well as I like the S-Works. They all have the same qualities and they still rock. They still have the same geo and they're still speedmonsters.

And if you're thinking about bang for the buck, I'd easily go for the Venge Expert UI2. Mine is expensive and a bit too much for a guy who's not even competing on any level. :)
  • antooony
    antooony Posts: 177

I bought a Venge comp, stripped off all the dura-ace 7900 off my Focus and threw it on the Venge. Upgraded the crankset and off I went on an amazingly quick and stunning looking bike. I prefer the look of it to the s works but thats just a matter of personal taste.
  • That looks bloody fantastic. Certainly one of the best Venge's I've seen on here for a while.
  • bristolpete
    Hi if your dimensions are the same as mine it has to be a 54cm with a 110/120mm stem. Stay away from the 56cm. I ended up hating the bike. Still not bought one as other things happened, but for 2014 hopefully get one sorted.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    I Expected another boring looking stealth s-works but that is very nice.
  • Love the American Silver! I couldn't get hold of the frame,so I went with the Saxo Bank colour scheme.

Looks great mate! Good choice on the parts. :D

Here's mine.

Venge_zps5432035f.jpg
  • Im 5,10 and mine above is a 54. with a 100mm zipp sl stem and 40 sl course bars(Classic Drops). Feel great to me. Although I have long arms so I have the bars at 5 mm and rotated away from me,I like it low. 8)