Giant TCR Composite 2

rickyrider
rickyrider Posts: 294
edited February 2013 in Your road bikes
Giant TCR Composite 2 2012. Stock apart from Selle Italia SLR Flow, Fulcrum Racing 3 wheelset and Continental GP4S tyres

6rszsn.jpg

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Nice!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Amazing how much better a bike can look with a nice set of wheels like the 3's.
    How do you find them to ride over the stock wheels?
    Ive got the comp 3 and would love these wheels.

Have you weighed the bike with this wheelset on? I never got round to weighing mine.
  • dwanes wrote:
    Amazing how much better a bike can look with a nice set of wheels like the 3's.
    How do you find them to ride over the stock wheels?
    Ive got the comp 3 and would love these wheels.

Have you weighed the bike with this wheelset on? I never got round to weighing mine.

I think the 2013 Fulcrum 3's look great - the white hubs (in particular oversized rear) look really nice. They go v well with the white highlights on the frame. As to performance, they are so much better to ride than the stock wheels. Noticably lighter, and handling feels much more responsive. They are quite stiff and respond well well to short sharp bursts, but not at expense of being uncomfortable. But the GP4S tyres probably help there too - I thought the stock tyres were rather cheap and nasty.

Haven't weighed bike with new wheelset, but I'd imagine I've saved a good 1lb with upgrade. Also the stock saddle weighed a ton - SLR flow probably half the weight. I'd imagine bike with pedals will now be IRO of 8kg or so, but not a massive weight weenie so not hugely bothered - it feels light enough for my ability!
  • Awesome bike! I have the advanced version and couldn't be happier. The wheels are a great addition. Enjoy that black beauty!
  • Very nice!! I have the same bike and love it.

Unfortunately still got the stock wheels on though, hoping to upgrade them over the summer,was looking at the fulcrums 3's or very tempted by some handbuilts', I think the all black archtype rims would look quite good.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Warning, on the archetypes, the black wears off very quickly on the brake rims leaving a not so pleasent silver rough mess. I sold mine on. I too would go for the fulcrum 3.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Goodness gracious... :D