MTB Forum Age Poll

2»

Comments

• 41 in 2 days physically feel it, I look ok on the bike though and that's what counts doesn't it :wink:
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    I lied about my age.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Angry Bird wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:
    22 ;)

This, it's a good age.
    Haha, I can't complain. Doesn't feel long since i turned 18 though, where did all the time go?!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • fat_homer
    fat_homer Posts: 470
    31 though after last nights commute home in the wind I felt more like 61, it was not fun!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    a very unhealthy 35 :lol:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Interesting how the poll is showing a dip at 36-40.....parenthood curtails MTBing for a while? Something else? Or not statistically relevant......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Mid-Life Crisis is why 31-35 is so high! :lol: Where are all the young-uns though?!
  • fat_homer
    fat_homer Posts: 470
    31-35 is far to young for mid life crisis!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    +1!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    We need more 36-40 year olds, the slightly uneven distribution offends my sense of neatness.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Northwind wrote:
    We need more 36-40 year olds, the slightly uneven distribution offends my sense of neatness.

AH you're so right!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I'm happy to lose 15 years and change my vote.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • 42 years & 357 days & increasing on a daily basis :cry:
    Trek Fuel EX8
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I was 27 when I joined this place lol. Well, the old WMB forum. Good to see we have a good mix of ages.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    Interesting results so far! I'm surprised to see so many more 31+ than under 31. I thought the 20s would be dominant by far!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Now everyone above a certain age- add up all the people on the forum that weren't born when you started riding :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cooldad
    Northwind wrote:
    Now everyone above a certain age- add up all the people on the forum that weren't born when you started riding :lol:
    103 out of the 126 that have voted so far. Maybe a few more in the lower end of the band below.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Northwind wrote:
    riding a bike or MTBing (or getting muddy as it was back then?)
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    My first ride entailed a friend's older brother (I was 4 or 5) sitting me on a bike and setting me off down a steep slope in their garden. Great fun except I had no idea about brakes or turning, so I hit the wall at the end. It was off road so I guess it's as close to MTBing as there was in those days.
    Once I'd stopped crying he showed me how to stop.
    I've been crashing ever since.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    cooldad wrote:
    My first ride entailed a friend's older brother (I was 4 or 5) sitting me on a bike and setting me off down a steep slope in their garden. Great fun except I had no idea about brakes or turning, so I hit the wall at the end. It was off road so I guess it's as close to MTBing as there was in those days.
    Once I'd stopped crying he showed me how to stop.
    I've been crashing ever since.
    before i got on 2 wheels i was heading down the drive on my fixed Trike and crashed into the wall of the house and bust my nose. not long after worked out how two use two wheels correctly.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I'm impressed by our four mtbers over 61 - fair play, I hope i'm still enjoying riding my bike as much then 8)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • miss notax wrote:
    I'm impressed by our four mtbers over 61 - fair play, I hope i'm still enjoying riding my bike as much then 8)

I wish this was the crudcatcher soo much right now lol
  • pesky_jones
    miss notax wrote:

I'm intrigued. I see neither a potential pun nor innuendo...
  • miss notax wrote:

I'm intrigued. I see neither a potential pun nor innuendo...

if you can't see any innuendo in riding something.... then you need help hehe
  • pesky_jones
    :lol:
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Riding is better than walking...
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • cooldad
    I bet most people here are better at walking than riding.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    All this talk of walking is making me want to walk.

I'm 23 and a lifetime walker, part time rider.