PET HATES (Non bike related)

smoggysteve
smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
edited February 2013 in The cake stop
What is your biggest pet hate?

To start off then,

People who blatantly cut you up in traffic, drive over zebra crossings with people waititng etc, Who then wave to you in acknowledgment that they knew exactly what they did was wrong but hey, F@ck you anyway, I'm in a car!

Again, please keep this non-bike related, Plenty of bike rants on the forums as it is.

Comments

• I feed my pet hate on Arrgh Nuts. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Seemingly trivial things that annoy you.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    My inability to remember that the sign on shop door that says 'PUXE' which is pronounced PUSH in Portuguese means pull :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • I don't have any, everything is ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
  • People who start a thread with a question ((on this or any other forum) and then never respond to any of the replies.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Drivers who can't be bothered to indicate.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    People who click their fingers at you (to get your attention)

It will almost instantly send me into an near incandescent rage. The sheer arrogant rude condescension it implies is genuinely too for me to bear. I'm normally a pretty easy going kind of person but that will drive me nuts.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • smoggysteve
    ooermissus wrote:
    People who start a thread with a question ((on this or any other forum) and then never respond to any of the replies.

Interesting, Anyone in particular?
  • What is your biggest pet hate?

Cats.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    No matter how long I leave a saucepan on the drainer after washing, when I lift it to put back on the ceiling mounted hanger thing, a bit of water runs down my arm! :evil:
  • kemic68
    kemic68 Posts: 43
    People who use terms such as "The whole time" "No worries" "Funky" this and "Funking" bleeding that and other such shite talk. "I,m in a really good place" thats another one.Being referred to as "Fella" starts an inner seethe.Will probably be back with some more in a bit,finding this quite cathartic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    people...who when you tell them you cycle they get defensive and tell you they don't drive their car much.

people...who when you tell them you don't drink they get defensive and tell you they don't drink much.

people...who when you tell them you don't own a TV they get defensive and tell you they only watch the news.

people...who when you tell them you are vegetarian they get defensive and tell you they eat lots of steak.

STOP BEING DEFENSIVE, HAVE THE STRENGTH TO STAND BY YOUR OWN CONVICTIONS
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    The common and overuse/use of the term 'Mojo' - f*ck off.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 477
    What is your biggest pet hate?

Cats.
    thats quite good, mine is dogs.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    The great unwashed !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59 wrote:
    The great unwashed !

Thats what I call my genitals - all 4 of them. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • The modern trend of people talking with a rising intonation at the end of each sentence, thus making everything they say sound like they're asking you a question.

People who leave tons of clutter in their passenger footwells. I open the door to get in and I can't because I need to shift a load of CDs/books/phone chargers/bags/empty drink bottles and other shite first.

Misuse of the possessive apostrophe. WHY do people not get that?
  • As highlighted ALL FLAMING MORNING.

People in the office who have the sound turned on their company laptop in an open plan office, which means every email, every lync message, every reminder it goes !PING!
    Who use the speaker phone in an open plan office
    Who shout across desks in an open plan office
    Who have the most ridiculous ring tones on their phone and have it LOUD, in an open plan office.
    Who leave their phone on their desk so it rings and rings and rings, in an open plan office.

Oh, all this is one person.

If he clicks his fingers, I may kill him.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    when driving, people who do not say thanks when you let them through a gap. Drives me insane. How hard can lifting a finger off the steering wheel be.
  • smoggysteve
    As highlighted ALL FLAMING MORNING.

People in the office who have the sound turned on their company laptop in an open plan office, which means every email, every lync message, every reminder it goes !PING!
    Who have the most ridiculous ring tones on their phone and have it LOUD, in an open plan office.
    Who leave their phone on their desk so it rings and rings and rings, in an open plan office.

Hope they don't let you near anything sharp where you work.
  • someone wrote:

Hope they don't let you near anything sharp where you work.
    No. That person really does deserve to die. And his children, if he's contributed anything to the gene pool.

Can you tell I've had a bad day?
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    As highlighted ALL FLAMING MORNING.

People that are easily distracted.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    As the great Jean-Paul Sartre said, "Hell is other people"

Anyway, my pet hate is people with dogs who think everyone should love their dog, even though (like all dogs) it's smelly, dirty, stupid and ugly. They think it's OK to let their festering sh17-bucket of an animal come up and lick you, paw you and bark at you ("He's just being friendly"), then they let it cr&p all over the place and don't clear it up properly.

Oh, and I don't like people with bad table manners either. Especially if they have a dog.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • andy_f
    andy_f Posts: 474
    Grown men who will wear any crap clothing because someone told them its fashionable (those stupid slip on french shoes, alter neck t-shirts and those stone wash jeans with elasticated ankle cuffs). It may be fashionable in the future to wear a red nose, curly ginger wig and spinning bow tie, but you will still look like a clown.
    "Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    The modern trend of people talking with a rising intonation at the end of each sentence, thus making everything they say sound like they're asking you a question.

I can't help reading this without my inner voice going into Australian interrogative tone inflection mode!
  • The huge number of people who appear not to know the difference between the use of "to" and "too."
    It takes a couple of hours to teach it at primary school level.
    Shame on all you forum users who weren't paying attention!!!
    The huge number of people who appear not to know the difference between the use of "to" and "too."

What about those that don't know the difference between there and their?
  • The huge number of people who appear not to know the difference between the use of "to" and "too."

Their they're own worst enemy!
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Simmotino wrote:
    The huge number of people who appear not to know the difference between the use of "to" and "too."

Their they're own worst enemy!

Reading that genuinely made me flinch.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}