turned 1000

Sprool
Sprool Posts: 1,022
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
Epic moment for me tonight, training on the rollers the odometer turned 1000. Bought the bike mid sept after taking redundancy, and had a great autumn getting back into shape, out riding nearly every day till November, losing a stone in weight, exploring much of the great countryside round west yorkshire including a few battles up the epic holme moss ascent. Now i've clocked up my first 1000 and looking forward to my first sportive in April, a Liverpool-Leeds coast-to-coast ride in May and a grand yorks tour of 240 miles in July over 4 days, plus an intro visit to the Manchester velodrome. Trouble is, I'm now employed again and only get the weekends to ride out, plus evening training on the rollers in the garage. At least I have a bit more money to spend on shiny things.

Comments

• pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    good for you.. shame you have to juggle again like the rest of us.. but needs must..

love the sound of your sportives and rides. especially the liverpool to leeds one. do you have a link ??
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • Well done!! That first thousand feels good. :)
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Well done. I too am new to the game and really enjoy the getting out into the fresh air. I don't really get the turbo trainer aspect though. I realise people do it to get fitter/better, but for me it is all about being outside, alone with my thoughts. Different strokes for different folks.
  • TommyB61
    TommyB61 Posts: 103
    Well done, a terrific milestone.

I'm with Ballysmate re the turbo..try as I might, only the fresh air seems to get me going :)
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Well done ...
  • Bustacapp
    Bustacapp Posts: 971
    Sprool wrote:
    a Liverpool-Leeds coast-to-coast ride

how does that work?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Though you do know, don't you, that stationary miles don't count as cycling miles? You'll need to get out a bit before you can claim that 1000 :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    love the sound of your sportives and rides. especially the liverpool to leeds one. do you have a link ??
    No link, there's 6 of us doing it off our own back, all along the canalways, that's the plan. 2 days.
    (Not quite coast-to-coast! Geography was never my specialty)