Giant Reign 1 vs Rumblefish Elite

russellharris
russellharris Posts: 3
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hello. First post. My last bike was a stumpjumper expert which I loved but had to sell to fund a house move. I'm now looking to buy again. 29er's have become very popular since I last looked into bikes and a few of my friends have changed their stumpjumpers for 2013 trances. I'm stuck between the giant reign 1 2013 and a 2012 rumblefish elite. I have tested the rumblefish which felt good but cant find the reign locally for testing. I don't really care about the speed of climbing just which will be the best all rounder for fun going up and down as i live right on a mountain in South Wales. Any thoughts?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They are very different bikes, difficult to compare them. I rode a 2012 Rumblefish and thought it was awful. Bit of a barge on fun twisty descents, doesn't like tight turns but it is very good on technical climbs.
    The Reign is much more of a hooligan, responds very well to abuse on descents, great rear suspension, great handling and a solid frame. It is a little heavy but still climbs very well. I tried one before I bought my Reign X and really liked it.
  • Thanks for reply. It is a hooligan that I want to buy. I think it would be a better all rounder but the 29er option keeps making me second guess. My instinct is the reign. Thanks for your help.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Giant will send a demo bike to your local dealer for a week long test ride.
    http://www.test-ride.co.uk/