What accessories should a Giant Trance X Limited come with?

miurasv
miurasv Posts: 345
edited January 2013 in MTB general
I bought a brand new Giant Trance X Limited over a year ago and I was told by the selling authorised Giant dealer that it didn't come with any accessories such as a manual/hand book and I'd have to look on line for the manual. Anyway, someone was telling me it should have come with a manual, frame stickers and a pump for the suspension. Can anyone confirm if this is the case or not? Thanks very much.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what year was the bike? 2011? 2012? or....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • miurasv
    nicklouse wrote:

When bought new around September, 2011 it was the latest 2011 model.
  • Stu Coops
    Stu Coops Posts: 426
    Where did you get it from just ut of interest
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    miurasv wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

next question

X advanced
    X1
    X2
    X3
    X4
    or the X Ltd?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    My Trance X didn't come with a shock pump or stickers.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bit late to worry about it now, isn't it? Presumably you've bought a shock pump anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • scarbs85
    scarbs85 Posts: 170
    My 2011 X4 came with a shockpump, manual etc. Can't remember if there were any stickers, I would just have binned them anyway.
  • miurasv
    Stu Coops wrote:
    Where did you get it from just ut of interest

Tredz.
  • miurasv
    edited January 2013
    nicklouse wrote:
    miurasv wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

next question

X advanced
    X1
    X2
    X3
    X4
    or the X Ltd?

Trance X Ltd 2011.
  • miurasv
    cooldad wrote:
    Bit late to worry about it now, isn't it? Presumably you've bought a shock pump anyway.

Not too late at all. If the bike should have come with accessories I should have been given them, especially as I asked for them at the time I bought the bike.
  • Bike shops can be cheeky gits, when I bought my trek ex8 last year, they told me it didn't come with a shock pump. I emailed trek in advance of picking the bike up who confirmed it did indeed come with a pump. I picked the bike up and was presented with a bike and no pump, I mentioned the email from trek and the girl went and miraculously found the pump along with the rest of the bits out the back as if to say ooh, i did 't know they all came with these. . . I think its a common trick, they sell you a £2k bike and then a bliimin £20 shock on top, which you owned in the first place. . .
    My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.
  • andy_welch
    andy_welch Posts: 1,101
    I got my Trance X2 from Edinburgh Bicycle Co-Op (EBC) last March. It came with a bag containing a "handbook" a shock pump, the little plastic widget for bleeding the Avid brakes and some of those little protective stickers that you can use to prevent cable rub. However, the manual wasn't really a manual for my bike, just a generic safety type thing (i.e. pump up your tyres, make sure your brakes work, don't ride off a cliff etc), the pump was a Revolution one (EBC's in-house brand), the stickers had no branding and the bag had the EBC logo on it. So, I'm guessing that none of the Accessories came from Giant and were provided by EBC.
  • I bought a 2011 Trance X3 from Pauls Cycles last year.

It came with a Giant shock pump, some clear frame protection stickers, and loads of manuals for the Giant bike, Fox suspension, Avid brakes etc.