Nibali regrets not joining Team Sky in 2009

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12867573&start=480#p18109061

Not sure he would have been the main man - I would imagine Sky would drop him at the blink of an eye for some rider from Blighty
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Sources at the time suggested he was who they wanted as "the main man" but Liquigas offered him a big pay rise. Sky ended up with Lovquist(!) and then poached Wiggins and the rest is history. Chances are they would have still gone for Wiggins if they had signed Nibali, although he probably would have had full backing for Giro / Vuelta. At Liquigas he often played second fiddle to Basso anyway, so he would have been in much the same boat in that respect.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Would have been Nibs for the Giro and Wigs for the Tour - could have been a good move in fairness....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • and if Wiggo hadnt pulled himself together and got his ar%e in gear, he could have ended up as Nibbles be-atch in 2011
    :shock:
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    and if Wiggo hadnt pulled himself together and got his ar%e in gear, he could have ended up as Nibbles be-atch in 2011

Or some gear into his ar%e! :shock:
  • ddraver wrote:
    Would have been Nibs for the Giro and Wigs for the Tour - could have been a good move in fairness....

and the start of a poem
  • and if Wiggo hadnt pulled himself together and got his ar%e in gear, he could have ended up as Nibbles be-atch in 2011

Or some gear into his ar%e! :shock:

Stop That Now
  • TMR
    Stop That Now

I am reading David Walsh's book ' The Seven Deadly Sins' at the moment. I'm in cynic mode, sorry :(
  • Maybe read this for potential hope for today to balance out the cynicism that SDS and Secret Race etc understably creates?

http://bicycling.com/blogs/kingme/2013/ ... -best-kept
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    From 'Seven Deadly Sins':

"The spotlight now should not be on Lance Armstrong but on a sport that is still gangrenous with doping and decept. The Tour de France 2012 did not reassure me." Christophe Bassons

From 'Death or Glory':

"But I believe in this - and it's been tested by research - he who fcuks nuns will later join the church." Joe Strummer
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    vs wrote:

"The spotlight now should not be on Lance Armstrong but on a sport that is still gangrenous with doping and decept. The Tour de France 2012 did not reassure me." Christophe Bassons

From 'Death or Glory':

"But I believe in this - and it's been tested by research - he who fcuks nuns will later join the church." Joe Strummer

Do we have to do this on every thread??

Mad Rapper I'm blaming you this time. You started it.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • vs wrote:

From 'Death or Glory':

Evidence please. Anyone can make statements and we all choose to believe those that chime with our prejudices.

Although Bassons own suspension last year, you were all prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt there.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    vs wrote:

From 'Death or Glory':

"Suck my D1ck" Ron Jeremy
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TMR
    Do we have to do this on every thread??

Mad Rapper I'm blaming you this time. You started it.

Oh noes! I am the bad one! :(
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I bet Sky are glad he didn't.

Nibali will never win another Grand Tour. (Unless it is EXTREMELY thin on the ground).

Ive put it out there.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134

Nibali will never win another Grand Tour. (Unless it is EXTREMELY thin on the ground).

Ive put it out there.

He has already won two, if you count the Giro where he was beaten by Contador and Scarponi (did they make that official? probably not). Came third in last year's tour. People always seem pretty eager to write him off - talk about a tough audience!
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    BigMat wrote:

Ive put it out there.

He has already won two, if you count the Giro where he was beaten by Contador and Scarponi (did they make that official? probably not). Came third in last year's tour. People always seem pretty eager to write him off - talk about a tough audience!
    Did you miss a word?