Death row with Trevor McDonald

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
Watched this two programme documentary and I couldn't help but think how ordinary some of the inmates of the prison were despite being once (some still are) very dangerous men.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Watched the first one, was quite good and surprising how much access he was given to the inmates. Also found it incredible that the place has it's own barber shop, with all the usual sharp implements you'd expect to find and yet they've never had an incident.

The programme makers missed a trick though, should have called it 'And Finally'
  • awallace
    awallace Posts: 191
    I often waver between life meaning life and constructive, meaningful rehabilitation depending on the who,what, where and when of the crime. Seeing the bloke who had been in since 13, i really began to question myself over is a 170 year sentence worthwhile, purposeful or not. There will be some who will be released and do it again, and others who may not have even if never jailed (which im not suggesting for murder!).
  • Also found it incredible that the place has it's own barber shop, with all the usual sharp implements you'd expect to find and yet they've never had an incident.

Did you not see Basher Muldoons mistake with the un-lathering shampoo - was the talk of E wing for weeks. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    What was it on? I ll try and find it on an iplayer thingum....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • cornerblock
    ddraver wrote:
    What was it on?

Death row.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    ohh snap!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    Yes, I was also surprised how 'normal' and also how well educated many of them were. The only one in the first episode that I watched who was remotely like I would have expected (being interviewed with his mate in the exercise area and talking about how they fought another prisoner) then showed even he was different when not putting on a show for his mate.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Just as they strap them down ready for execution does Trevor McDonald turn and say "And Finally......"
  • cornerblock
    Just as they strap them down ready for execution does Trevor McDonald turn and say "And Finally......"

Let's hope that you're quicker on your bike.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    I can assure you its more down to ignorance, didnt read all the posts fully. Ill blame the wife for distracting me or something.