£20 quid from a jumble sale!

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Welcome to the Peugeot club! Nice find.
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    edited January 2013
    Cheers! My first road bike, have done 200 odd miles on it. Needs new handlebar tape - thick, gel-filled handlebar tape as i feel every bump on the road and my hands, wrists and arms have a good workout on a 15 mile ride.

I put new tyres and seat on it and want to replace the gearing/cogs as even the lowest gear feels too hard on some hills.
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    Wish hadn't given my old Peugeot triathlon away now, pic brings back memory's of that bike spent most of my youth on my old pug :D
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • It's all good :)

Apart from the gearing, the wheels are where you'll see a huge improvement.

I love my '86 Elite now I've put some modern gear on it (read; replaced everything except frame, forks, and bars)
  • LutherB
    What would you suggest for new wheels?
  • Weight

Working on the presumption it's got the originals on there (can't tell from the pic). It made a huge difference to mine when I stuck some modern(ish) and not very light Vueltas I got from eBay.

I've still got the originals in the garage - never got round to taking them to the tip.

86 front with spindle, OEM tyre and tube = 1980 grams

Vuelta Airline with QR skewer, Gatorskins and tube = 1420 grams

Half a kilo of reciprocating mass at the front alone!

Might have to compare the rears now

Here's mine - viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12885994
  • LutherB
    Weight

Working on the presumption it's got the originals on there (can't tell from the pic). It made a huge difference to mine when I stuck some modern(ish) and not very light Vueltas I got from eBay.

I've still got the originals in the garage - never got round to taking them to the tip.

86 front with spindle, OEM tyre and tube = 1980 grams

Vuelta Airline with QR skewer, Gatorskins and tube = 1420 grams

Half a kilo of reciprocating mass at the front alone!

Might have to compare the rears now

Here's mine - viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12885994

Cheers DB! Lot's of info in your thread for reference and your's is looking good. Yes, all originals ( apart from Charge saddle & Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres ) Will be looking on ebay for wheels first.
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    that's a yes from me!
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    That's my childhood ride there. Gave mine away too, really regret it now thats lovely, wish I knew where my old one was.
  • LutherB
    That's my childhood ride there. Gave mine away too, really regret it now thats lovely, wish I knew where my old one was.

I wish i was 20 years younger when i'm riding it! :D