30.0mm dropper seatpost (Cove G spot)

Astrozombies!
Astrozombies! Posts: 55
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I'm fuming... I had been looking for a frame for a while and was looking for a minimum of 30.9mm seatpost size so I could fit a reverb. I see the cove g spot on offer at a big retailer and do some research - it turns out the post size used to be 30.0mm but as of 2010 they are now 30.9mm. Perfect. The retailer's specs for the frame and Cove's official website confirm it is 30.9mm. I take delivery of the bike and spend my Saturday afternoon building it up. The last part I need to fit is the seatpost/saddle and guess what... it doesn't fit.

So it looks like i've been flogged an older model with a 30.0mm seatpost. Given that the frame has already been 99% built up i'd like to try and avoid returning it if at all possible... So can anyone recommend a good quality alternative to the RockShox Reverb that comes in a 30.0mm?

Comments

• Just get something like a gravity dropper in 27.2 flavour and shim it up.

However, if you bought a 2010 frame and have been sent an older one, you should really send it back. imho.
  • I thought I was getting a 2012 one! The paint on it is shit too (see my other thread) but they aren't accepting that as a fault.

I've heli taped it and spent money getting headset fitted so really don't want to return unless I have too. I see the new gravity dropper turbo lp comes in 30.0 has anyone seen this on sale in the UK?