Oh FFS! ...

slowlanejane
slowlanejane Posts: 312
edited January 2013 in MTB general
.... Evans. Sh1tty service, customer comms like a great black hole of nothingness. Where is my bike? Meant to be here today at great sat delivery expense - isn't. Meant to have been emailed by delivery co -wasn't. And can I get hold of ANYBODY - no. Son's birthday is TODAY and no gift. Was sh1tty service all along, never wanted to buy there in the 1st place and def wanted to p-off to a proper shop but unfortunately I get a cash back from Pru Health of I buy from Evans. Grrr!

Comments

• .... Evans. Sh1tty service, customer comms like a great black hole of nothingness. Where is my bike? Meant to be here today at great sat delivery expense - isn't. Meant to have been emailed by delivery co -wasn't. And can I get hold of ANYBODY - no. Son's birthday is TODAY and no gift. Was sh1tty service all along, never wanted to buy there in the 1st place and def wanted to p-off to a proper shop but unfortunately I get a cash back from Pru Health of I buy from Evans. Grrr!

Feel better for getting that off your chest? :)

Commiseration on Son's b/d though - sure you made it up to him?
  • Aaaaaand breathe
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Oh FFS another rant.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    ..... but unfortunately I get a cash back from Pru Health of I buy from Evans. Grrr!

Ahhh, big business backing each other up and winning at the expense of the local folk.

Anyway, loads of people seem to be doing this at the moment - leaving things til way too late to guarantee delivery on time and hoping that bunging in an extra few quid for a delivery guarantee that can never really be guaranteed will do the job. It won't - not always. Stuff happens. Eg 5 inches of snow. Even my CRC order from last weekend took 4 days to arrive - terrible by their standards but not really surprising.

Besides - had you forgotten when your sons birthday was? Or not realised what he wanted? Whose was really the sh1tty service - Evans or the parent? :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    .Meant to be here today . Son's birthday is TODAY and no gift.
    I call troll. No one would take the risk of having a present delivered on the Birthday. That's just asking for trouble.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I blame Wiggle
    Under the circumstances, all I can suggest is a strongly worded letter to the Daily Mail.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    So you only used Evans to get some cash back? Sounds like karma really.
    "Didn't hurt"