HTC One X smartphone - GPS issues?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited January 2013 in MTB general
My other half has a HTC One X smartphone which has been pretty good, and she uses the GPS a fair bit, mainly through Endomondo. However the GPS has gone consistently doolally over the past 2 weeks, with the GPS locator roaming all over the place when the phone is at a static location.

Anybody else with this phone had similar issues? Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place! cheers
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• Hi

I have the HTS one S and i use Sportstracker for tracking my ride. ive been using it for about 6 months now and its been great.

have you tryed using a different app to see if its the phones gps or the app itself ?

if its the app try and uninstall it and then re-install it

ive had apps in the past that have gone silly on me,but re-installing them has so far always done the trick.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    winter zombie. The fault occurs on all GPS and mapping functions / apps. We've also tried it at various locations, and the same fault occurs I.e. the location pointer in whatever app you are using (including Googlemaps) just roams around on its own at random, so records distance travelled even when you haven't moved. And I'm talking kilometres here not metres...the phone software appears up to date, and the phone also says "no upgrades are available". Have returned to factory default but fault remains. stumped... :?
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Your not alone.

Looks like it might be a fault with the antenna connections.
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • i used to get this, then learned about the AGPS setting. Download an app that tests your GPS such as "GPS Test" and slect to clear the AGPS.. works like a charm to clear up the Assisted GPS garbage that gets left behind by the android OS>..