HTC One X GPS problems?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited January 2013 in Road general
My other half has a HTC One X smartphone which has been pretty good, and she uses the GPS a fair bit, mainly through Endomondo. However the GPS has gone consistently doolally over the past 2 weeks, with the GPS locator roaming all over the place when the phone is at a static location.

Anybody else with this phone had similar issues? Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place! cheers
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    I had loads of similar issues. Has she got the latest htc software update on the phone?

A tip one of the IT gurus at work told me was to download and install a free app called GPS Status. That fires up each time your device uses GPS and 'helps out'. It put a stop to the issues I was experiencing ...... So worked for me!

Good luck with it
  • luv2ride
    thanks SnipSnap. We've already got the GPS status app, but its not helping :( . Also in settings, under 'software update' it says "there are no updates available for your phone". It says we're on Android 4.0.4. and HTC Sense 4.1...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    Android 4.1.1 here so there must be an update due for you

Shame the GPS status didn't resolve. I'm a bit out of suggestions now ....
  • luv2ride
    Thanks SnipSnap. will look into the firmware (?) Android upgrade, cheers
  • atakd
    atakd Posts: 42
    snipsnap wrote:
    I had loads of similar issues. Has she got the latest htc software update on the phone?

A tip one of the IT gurus at work told me was to download and install a free app called GPS Status. That fires up each time your device uses GPS and 'helps out'. It put a stop to the issues I was experiencing ...... So worked for me!

Good luck with it

I've also resolved GPS problems on my Desire S (ICS) with GPS Status. What works for me is running GPS Status then settings->Apps->GPS Status -> Force Stop -> Clear data then reboot the phone. This has worked a few times when the GPS has gone nuts - normally after I restart a mapping app after moving a long distance - hundreds of miles.
  • overlord2
    overlord2 Posts: 339
    Had the same problem with the one x occasionally it went beserk. It does not happen very often, tbh I've had problems with all gps devices at times including the garmin.