Hi - Finally Joined BR

canny_lad
canny_lad Posts: 329
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
I've been following the forums for a while now and thought it was about time I joined in.

I got back into cycling 18 months ago on a Halfords hybrid and then got a 2nd hand Spesh Tricross Comp last Feb, put slicks on it and got hooked pretty much straight away. I hoovered up as much info as I could from you guys, spent yonks in bike shops and on the web and finally pulled the trigger 2 weeks ago on a Scott CR1 Team from Epic in Ludlow.

All the recurring themes on here are dead true - do your research, have a decent test ride, get a proper bike fit and buy the bike you like the look of. I'd heard of Scott, never saw one, but it caught my eye in the showroom.

Epic cycles seem to be well regarded on here and I can thoroughly recommend them. Chris did a great job with the bike fit, loads of brews, no pressure and a really competitive price.

I haven't ridden the Scott yet as it snowed again today, fingers crossed I'll get out on Sunday. I'll post a picture of the bike when I get a chance, thanks again for the advice.

Cheers

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Welcome!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Hello !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Hiya!
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Welcome Canny lad, sounds like you're very happy with your purchase :D

As you're local, have you considered any of the Shropshire clubs' Reliability Rides over the coming weeks? Info in this post. Entry is usually about £3-4, you can ride at a pace you choose, hang onto the fast guys or sit in with a steady group. A few photos from the MSW event last year.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    hi and welcome from another shrops newbie...
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    Cheers for that Simon, I'll look into doing at least one of them. Signed up for Wolverhampton - Aberdovey in June so need to get cracking soon.

Kilo to go are launching a Shropshire sportive this year so I'll be signing up for that too.