Google image search

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,946
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
Google image search is being "improved". In this case it means "fixing something that wasn't broken and making it less useful".

I used to be able to put in a search term and then I'd get a load of pics. Hovering the mouse over one of them would expand the pic slightly and under them I'd see the info and where my search term occurred. I'm not sure if I've altered something in the settings today, but my searches don't look the same.

So, I put in a search about the changes and found that this will be the norm from now on.

Thanks Google, feckwits.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• I used to get different search results on opera as opposed to chrome - still, as long you can prefix any search with "wet" and still be happy with results :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    I used to get different search results on opera as opposed to chrome - still, as long you can prefix any search with "wet" and still be happy with results :lol:

+1

Think Google has a vendetta against IE. Using something like Chrome or Firefox does seem to improve it a bit.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    I used to get different search results on opera as opposed to chrome - still, as long you can prefix any search with "wet" and still be happy with results :lol:

"Wet moobs"?
  • Think Google has a vendetta against IE. Using something like Chrome or Firefox does seem to improve it a bit.

Most web dev's have a vendetta against IE*, it's years behind the times when it comes to html5/css3 code support and implementation.

*This is only based on my experience of coding for IE 6/7/8/9, IE 9 being the best of that sorry bunch, but not supported by windows xp. IE 10 is apparently much better, but I've not had the opportunity to trial it yet.
  • donkykong
    donkykong Posts: 160
    that'll be another google pandamonium update on the way Giant-panda-Mei-Xiang-tak-010.jpg
  • ...I wish more people grew a vendetta against IE!, hate it personally. But to throw a weird feature into the equation drag a picture from your hard drive onto google image search...

Edit: for example