Front Mech dragging

parakarter
parakarter Posts: 7
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Guys

The front mech on my Boardman FS Pro is dragging. Its been a constant pain since I got the bike and Halfords have fixed it numerous times only for a week or so later for it to start dragging again.

Its dragging when on the big ring on the front and the smallest 3 ish on the rear. Its all sram X9 stuff and I want to either adjust it myself or should I find a good place here on the Wirral to set them all up right.

Ta

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds like either the top stop screw is not out enough or you need more tension in the cable.

can you move the mech out by hand? if yes then add tension to the cable 1/4 turn at a time.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Yes mate I can move the mech by hand outwards to stop it dragging. Is tension added on the shifter ?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes, unscrew the barrel adjuster round the end of the cable out of the lever housing, a bit at a time, until it stops dragging.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.