Cube reaction GTC pro 2012 New to the forum.

bladeone
bladeone Posts: 94
edited January 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Frame: GTC Twin Mold Monocoque Technology

Fork: Fox Evolution 32 Float RL, 100mm, Lockout

Headset: FSA Orbit I-T-R integrated

Stem: Syntace F149 Oversized

Speed: 30

Front Mech: Shimano Deore FD-M591 Down Swing 34,9mm

Rear Mech: Shimano Deore XT RD-M780 Shadow

Chainset: Shimano Deore XT FC-M780 Hollowtech II 42x32x24T, 175mm

Bottom Bracket: Press-Fit BB

Front Brake: Formula RX hydr. Discbrake 180mm

Rear Brake: Formula RX hydr. Discbrake 160mm

Rims: Sun Ringlé Radium

Front Hub: Sun Ringlé Radium

Rear Hub: Sun Ringlé Radium

Tyres: Schwalbe Rapid Rob Performance 2.25 Front Schwalbe Rapid Rob Performance 2.25 Rear

Seatpost: RFR Prolight 31,6mm setback

Hello new to the forum, recently upgraded from my 8 year old Gary fisher Hoo Koo E Koo still have in the fold, very pleased with the new ride was a bit dubious about carbon lol. bought it in september and done about 440 moles so far
I ride bridleway and trails round the barwick/garforth/crossgates areas near Leeds can easily put together a loop of 25 miles with very few roads involved

Only changes I have done so far is to change the schwalbe rapid robs to Michelin country muds however I really like how fast the rapids rolled they'll be back on in the drier weather, fitted Shimano M530 SPD Trail Pedal changed from normal spds.added a bontrager trip 5 computer and usual saddlebag with essential kit. oh and no a crud catcher kit im suprised how well they keep the mud off me.

Problem I came across early on was seat post creeping down which i knew not to over tighten then my lbs enlightened me about carbon build paste which cured my creeping problem.

Ive been trying to source replacement headset or bearings for when i need them but i am finding it hard to know what exact bearings are without removing them ( FSA Orbit I-T-R integrated ) it is a tapered heead so presuming its 1/18-1/5 Im making an effort to do all servicing myself.

also does anyone know what bb is fitted the spec on 2013 is a BB91-41 think will be same as frame not changed.

Cheers gonna get muddy later.Andy
YT Capra Pro Race
Trek Remedy 2013 (sold)
Cube Reaction GTC Pro (sold)
Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo

Comments

• qooqiiu
    qooqiiu Posts: 212
    I have the same bike and it has the push fit BB 30.
  • Looks nice from what I can see, naff pics :?
    Trek Fuel EX8
  • Cheers qooq you dont have a spec sheet from the 2012 website ive tried emailing cube a few times and no replies.

lol neil no action shots yet :(
    YT Capra Pro Race
    Trek Remedy 2013 (sold)
  • qooqiiu
    qooqiiu Posts: 212
    Sorry mate i don't. Annoying that cube have got ride of it. Ive tried myself to find it but to no avail.

Anything in particular you want to know?
  • qooqiiu wrote:
    Sorry mate i don't. Annoying that cube have got ride of it. Ive tried myself to find it but to no avail.

Anything in particular you want to know?
    Thanks qooqiiu it would have just been nice to have a brochure from the cube site.

Regarding bottom bracket have you changed one yourself? so the bb30 is a different bearing to the 2013. Im new to sizing of the press fit stuff

think ive may have cracked it bb30 is the frame size of bb and bb91 bearing have spacers to fit bb30 hole which also reduce spindle size to take xt spindle
    How have you found the cube?

ps just seen your bike looks trick with wheels and carbon on 8)

Thanks Andy
    YT Capra Pro Race
    Trek Remedy 2013 (sold)