Tenerife - summer hols?

dbg
dbg Posts: 846
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
I know a lot of cyclists go there for Spring training camps but is it recommended as a summer (Aug) holiday destination? I have 2 weeks to fill with my 13 and 16 yr old girls (separated from missus) and thought it might be worth a punt. Is there enough to keep them occupied and would it be too hot! What are the best areas to head for?, probably looking for an all inclusive deal - needs to be reasonably lively with a few shops etc. (they are girls!) :D Cheers

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Tons there to keep teenage girls happy. Waterparks, bars, arcades you name it. The bike riding is brillant.

Try and avoid Las Americas though bit like Southend in the sun. I stayed in something called Costa Adeje just along the coast from Americas. Was bit better

August can be in the 30s and over.
  • dbg
    dbg Posts: 846
    Cheers gazzaputt I'll check it out
  • certainly dont go to las americas, and whatever you do avoid the monkey beach. i have marked that territory...!
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Yeh playa de las americas could be a bit much. food is dirt cheap though. 3 course meal was setting back about 8 euros per head and would say its probably a bit better than pub quality here.

couple of massive water parks and loads of beach too. be careful if you decide to hire a jet ski. i wrote one off and the owner tried to bill me for it. thankfully i paid the rental in cash so no paper trail.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.