Cameroon and Lagrunge in Coalition Shocker

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,311
edited January 2013 in The bottom bracket
It will happen...

If you think we are stuffed now, just wait till you give the Jeremy Kyle brigade a chance to vote on it.
Never mind:
A huge percentage of our trade is with Europe and they could enforce trade barriers
All of our employment rights (unfair dismissal, the minimum wage) could be eroded away - Thatcher tried it.
The welfare state could be diminished to suit the harbingers of poverty without recourse to EU law
Our relationship with the US (which is already at an all time low) could be compromised
Heseltine (of all people !!) saying the debate itself could damage our standing.

The rhetoric of 'choice', 'independance', 'freedom' is utter shyte to mask the hidden agenda of Neo-Con beaurocracy and inequality.
Don't bother citing Miliband and the Labour party sarcastically or not as our only alternative - they are a bunch of Neo Cons because they are so frightened of loosing that precious middle ground.
It may just push the Independance for Scotland pendulum in the SNP's favour and it may be the demise of Camoron - it buggered up Thatchers career.
Whats happens now?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,441
    There's a slight flaw in this plan as far as I can tell i.e. UKIP don't have any MPs so they aren't much use in a coalition. Why would you concede to some compromises with a party that don't provide you with any extra seats in the Commons? Or is the argument that the Tories would get more seats due to an agreement that UKIP won't challenge them in certain areas?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    My.
    What a fine whine.
    :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • In this case 2 rights defintely do make a wrong.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Cameron would not propose a referendum on Europe unless he thought it was airtight whatever the outcome. He is following the money, big business will still be big business if we are in Europe or not.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • One of the things Cameron and his ilk want is for workers rights to be totally undermined leaving them wide open to all manner of abuse.

They call it de-regulation, I'd call it exploitation. It's to give us the competitive edge don't you know.

I think there needs to be a proper debate on the whole EU thing so people can make an informed decision. I suppose at the mo I feel anything the tories want out of, can't be too bad to be in. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    Well go out and make your arguement, in five years time...

At the minute the arguements are anything but enlightening e.g. "Ahh! Don't rock the boat or they're throw us out and never allow us any reasonable trade (etc) agreements - essentially out of spite" or "a faceless Brussel suit will give your job to a Turk, make you eat straight bananas and spend ever more of your taxes on roads in Portugal."

But don't hope for much, thinking "we'll make the arguement and people will see the light" is wishful; even before the various parties have set out their stalls the whole issue will boil down to domestic tribalism - Tories will be pro-exit, those who hate them unquestioningly pro-EU.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    To be fair though you can't beat eating a good straight banana on a new road in Portugal.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    The Tories aren't even pro exit are they? I'm sure the front bench would campaign to stay in. The whole thing is just a transparent ploy to neuter Farage and stop right wing votes haemorrhaging to UKIP. Why else has he promised a referendum only after the next election? If it needs doing, it needs doing now - 4 years of uncertainty as to whether we are in or out is hardly going to encourage big business to invest in the UK. Unless Cameron and Osborne have a grand plan to use the pull-out threat as leverage to negotiate a better deal for us staying in Europe - that would be nice, but I can't see it with those jokers at the helm.