Helly Hansen baselayers at Screwfix

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
Just got an email off Screwfix. They are doing Helly Hansen base layer tops and bottoms for £9.99
Helly Hansen Kastrup baselayers
Get stuck in they are good stuff for winter riding and are washing machine safe unlike some baselayers. Toasty warm and they dont pong too bad after a long sweaty day pedalling.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Somebody's opened their toolbox up and playing with the Screwfix site :(
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • At least they're offering a £10 voucher for the inconvenience.

EDIT:
    Hello,

Please find your Screwfix.com Promo code below. Please come back to us and place your order before 10am to take advantage of your exclusive discount.

£5 off a £50 order- use code Return50
    £10 off a £100 order - use code Return100

We hope to see you again soon
    Screwfix.com
    Worth it if you want to buy several sets or some tools I suppose.
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • Most base layers are either polyester or merino wool, not sure how polypropeline will work. HH have been in the entry level market for a while now. To be honest, anything but cotton should be OK.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • HH I wouldn't say are entry level, their clothing is top notch, better than most I've used and far superior than many" bike specific" types.
    Been using my stripe long sleeve top for about 8 months and been through blazing summer without burning, Yer used it in sub zero temps.

Very good , no wonder army uses them;-)
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    HH have, like most technical sportswear manufacturers, products at a lot of price points. Some of their stuff is ok, some of it is absolutely top-drawer. I've used quite a bit of it sailing and can say that, generally, it does what it says on the tin!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • barty81
    barty81 Posts: 145
    bought one the other day, used today! cant grumble..kept me warm and the fit is good. £10 bargain :D
    Giant xtc
    Canyon nerve am 7
  • b_real
    b_real Posts: 157
    Cant go wrong with Skins / 2XU type stuff in my opinion. Compression and a bit of protection from the chills... yesiree...
    Norco Sight Killer B

Giant Trance X3 - stolen.